It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Thanks for reminding me. I just unsubscribed myself from his YT. Lol.

Snakes

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    All I saw was a sad old man buying a shit tonne of expensive Scotch.

Funny story. I saw on the Ex-jw Critical thinker youtube channel.back in 2019, they had an interview with an exjw Paul, who went to couples school at the toronto bethel, and he said there was a Bethelite there who was stealing money from bethel ,to pay for prostitutes, It was not a G.B.,but i wonder now what if that men was on Lloyd channel? Would he make a big deal out of that? would he even let that part in the video? My guess he would had cut that part of. Long strory short, After bottlegate video,I send a tweet to L.E, telling him about a sister who ask David Splane who at the time was a C.O. if he could go out in service with her son who was going thru a depression. And all Splane did was ask the boy (who was 11or 13? ) if he Masturbate ,the boy said no, and Splane said: oh ok cause a lot do it cause it helps them calm down,or help them with stress ,i forgot the exact words but can always ask my husband what Splane said again... Well Lloyd did not like my tweet, he wrote me back something very rude,honestly I was a new ex-jw. and I felt so bad and stupid that I just delete my post. If I had read his stupid book, which i'm glad I never did, of course i would have never send him that tweet. Like he would even mention that in one of his videos.

• DerekMoors
  • NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    What I am saying is people either fading from the community or just not listening to Jabba like they used to aren’t going to go back and unsubscribe.
    There’s a lot of inactive subscribers and even abandoned YT accounts. I’d say his active to semi-active viewer base is more like 10K, not over 100K.

It is a good idea to go through your list of subscribed channels to see if they are worth being subscribed to. Lloyd's channel was recommended to me by YouTube, but they have a handy feature that says "Don't recommend channel". I made sure to click that too.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

I bring up his subs vs. views because we all know he's all about numbers, as if those prove anything (like with his patrons, how many have left vs. stayed). So the next time he crows about still having 104,000+ subscribers it can be pointed out that his views are nowhere near that number, more like 5500 to 6000 or so on average.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I agree that the low view totals must be driving him bonkers, especially as he wonders where the other 98,000 subscribers have gone. I think he's been trying to branch out, but that means having to build a viewership all over again. exJWs will not be very interested in the Mormons or Scientologists, and if he wants to rebrand as an atheist channel, that's also a completely different demographic.

He's almost back where he was when he began, only now he has the baggage of his own actions and attitude weighing him down. It looks like a long and very rough road ahead for him.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    He's almost back where he was when he began, only now he has the baggage of his own actions and attitude weighing him down. It looks like a long and very rough road ahead for him.

He’s weathered the worst of this it seems and it would appear he’s hovering round the 440 - 450 patron level. If he were smart he would drop all this litigation nonsense and not say another word about it, especially when it is thrown out. But he’s easily baited and won’t be able to resist getting a counter word in whilst others are making fun of him for being such a moron spending money on that.

But it’s not a problem that’s going away either due to the definitive statements he’s made about the legal process and how sure he was of victory.

The new Patrons joining has also slowed and this is indicative of his content suffering. Part of the appeal of his channel in the past was that it seemed to be ground zero of whatever was happening in the community. He had Mark O’Donnell reporting back to him first hand accounts of CSA cases in litigation. He had people like Kim Silvio and PB keeping his ship steady and on course. He had Javier Ortiz and his updates on the TTATT documentary Lloyd was essentially the star of. He had all these Bethel leaks and guests on his show with their own followings.

Now it’s all gone and Tibor is his only counterpart. This is a problem for him going forward, possibly even more so than his continuing image problem. In many ways he’s like WT now. He’s touched just about every subject possible and done videos about them. It’s stagnant right now and his insistence on getting a dedicated studio is probably his way of improving the production quality as a way to offset the decreased content quality. Again, this focus on high production quality over actual changes in content is what is plaguing WT right now and he’s falling into the same repeating cycle.

The sharp decreases in Patrons have mellowed a bit but he’s not making up the ground in new ones.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Who in the right minds would go on Hemorrhoid Evans show now?

It'd be like if OJ Simpson had a show, and he invited hot models to come on for a chat.

NOT HAPPENING.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

And like OJ Simpson, Evans will spend the rest of his life searching for the real culprits who had sex with trafficked women and girls in Thailand.

If the condom doesn’t fit, you must acquit. See, Jabba the Hutt is light years ahead of you plebs on this.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    If the condom doesn’t fit, you must acquit.

I nearly peed myself laughing when I read that!

As for YouTube subscribers, I've been on YouTube for about 15 years now and I'm subscribed to hundreds of channels that I have not watched their channels in years. Hell, if I even seen their channel names, I couldn't tell you what their content is about! I've been wanting to do a good cleaning out of these channels but when I think I want to start the task seems so massive that I stop when I've deleted 2 or 3.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit