It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Listener
    Listener

Of course I am glad you are okay Vintage. It was nice of you to let us know you were okay so quickly.

I've never been through a really bad storm although the weather reporters are constantly promising us one. (They exaggerate to the extreme). We had thundering, lightening and even rain for the first time in a couple of months last night.

A few years ago we drove for a couple of hours just after a bad storm on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria with fallen trees/branches/rock slides. It was scarier than a theme park ride.

• Rhiannon
    Rhiannon

All's good at my house too Vintage. How do I see messages on here? I'm glad you're safe and sound! Hope there not too much damage around the area and everyone is ok too.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Hi Listener. Thanks for caring. On the news, it looks the same as what you described from the storm in your area. I took a night shift at work about twenty years ago, and had to drive to work late at night once in conditions like you described,... with no street lights either. Terrifying. But I was asking MeanMrMustard if he was glad I'm safe. He said I was on the wrong thread.

And Rhiannon, I'm glad you are safe. I got your message. (happy face)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    TonusOH don't think the stand-up video affected the Patreon numbers.

No I don't either. In fact it's quite an admirable thing to do.

But people here have been commenting on the relative lack of content he produces, and that he seems to be late with any topics he covers

I think he's got a hard core of loyal fans, but he'll loose numbers through people loosing interest & moving on, finding new content etc But most of all I don't think he'll get new exjws coming out of borg. Yes because of his history, but also his age to some extent. Younger leavers will gravitate to younger content to some extent but also those who are genuinely interested and creative with the subject. Lloyd is lackluster and without his "governing booby helpers" whose passion & knowledge made all the difference, he's just (late) news update site.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    I think he's got a hard core of loyal fans, but he'll loose numbers through people loosing interest & moving on, finding new content etc

His schtick has a limited shelf life. Lately it's devolved into "Tibor this, Tibor that, let's see what Tibor has to say". Even at his peak. Lloyd Evans was essentially a social club with a strict sense of who you could talk to, associate with, complete with a set of rules on how to interact with its leader.

But people were led to believe it was much, much more. Hour+ videos that were filmed at real locations were called documentaries and were branded as such. Lloyd was involved with the TTATT documentary which he was always plugging on his channel and on his social media accounts. He appeared with Leah Remini on that one special. But he's been booted from TTATT for cause and hasn't released a documentary for coming up to two years now. It says right there in the Patreon goals that he is to complete one a year. Now he simply doesn't have the money or desire to travel abroad and film a documentary. There's also the huge workload he'd place on Tibor which would require a lot more money than he's paying him now.

Whilst I don't believe the comedy club routine directly hurt him, it doesn't do him any good either. In fact, it adds to the narrative that has emerged that Lloyd lives a life of leisure and part time work and doesn't necessarily need the money to churn out content. That's what prompted people to donate to him before - the image of Lloyd hard at work late at night going through old WT material to debunk the next JWB episode or convention.

This is the quandary he finds himself in. He has barely enough support to make his generic videos, pay Tibor and live his new lifestyle in Zagreb. To grow his patrons he needs better content which would cost money he doesn't want to spend. He'd rather he just gets all his patrons back and then he'll get some new and improved content out. To read his Patreon goals and compare it what he is really doing is an exercise in false advertising.

he's just (late) news update site.

And not a particularly good one at that. It's all part of the cycle of being an exJW. Sooner more so than later people tire of JW news, even those who still support him. So he needs to account for the 20 or so Patrons that will drop every month and replace them with at least 20, preferably more. It's not happening. His content is simply not worth the support of 404 patrons and it has caught up to him.

• Vintage
    Vintage

This is when Lloyd probably looks around and considers who that used to work for him, for free might he be able to "recycle" as an assistant to get him caught up on his promised projects. Kim Silvio? Lol. No, I don't think so.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    To grow his patrons he needs better content which would cost money he doesn't want to spend.

And to have “leaked” information, which he no longer gets. 🤷‍♀️

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Kim Silvio? Lol. No, I don't think so.

It’s funny, cedarites often tell me to “get a life”. Back then I spent WAY more of my time doing his bidding … certainly not going back to that 😂😂

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

My opinion on leaked information, not just watchtower information, but world events too. It is deliberately leaked to gauge the public reaction to see how the public will react to said leaks.

It also can serve as a distraction to something far more serious that a particular entity would rather have covered up a buried beneath the headlines.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    And to have “leaked” information, which he no longer gets.

I suspect this is why he’s elevated Tibor to the forefront, making him a sort of unseen co-host and putting his name on t shirts. A childish attempt to tell everyone he doesn’t need them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit