It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JeffT
    JeffT

Well, I got the answer to one of my questions. AAWA did receive IRS certification as a non-profit. It is a common misconception that checking the "non-profit" box is all you need to do. There are, in fact, a lot of hoops to jump through.

I'm still trying to run down some tax questions I have regarding patreon payments.

• Vintage
    Vintage

From five months ago:

This nice young woman made her weekly video about not loosing faith in humanity just because a particular exjw activist was such a huge disappointment. She doesn’t say the name of the activist, but she does say that, whatever her own flaws, “she” won’t be going to Thailand for underage girls.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kKCYv3NaSAI&feature=emb_imp_woyt

P.S. If someone else already posted this video, please excuse me. It’s five months old, so it may already have been posted on this thread.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

It’s such a shame that Lloyd has now self destructed

I wish there was at least one or a couple of really good JW apostates who could could take the lead as it were

i know there are some good channels on utube and found such as this one but there has never been a smoking gun argument or a succinct one line of reasoning why JWs are wrong

i think the GB pushing the vaccines could be it, stronger than anything so far

•  Debra
    Debra

Any musicians in the ex JW community by any chance?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Mikejw: but there has never been a smoking gun argument or a succinct one line of reasoning why JWs are wrong

Both JW Facts and Alan F's site have a lot of articles explaining how the WTS gets things wrong. There are probably dozens of discussions here with the same info. It's really not difficult to find info on what the WTS has gotten wrong over its history. I wouldn't put Evans at the forefront of providing this info, his efforts were generally on current events and doctrinal changes. Useful to people looking to get out, but not on the same level as the sites I mentioned when it comes to laying the WTS's past bare.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Debra, I played piano for KH meetings decades ago. I’d like to compose a worship song or two. I also played accordion at assemblies. I could sing alto on a couple of the kingdom songs. JW music now makes me sad, due to its connection to Watchtower’s stranglehold on its victims. What do you have in mind?

Regarding Watchtower false doctrine, type into Google “Beroean Pickets governing body” and at least three YouTube videos debunking the GB will pop up.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Any musicians in the ex JW community by any chance?

Yes, Lloyd is. Per his own account, people say he's an "amazing vocalist" with at least one fan in the Scottish Highlands. He wrote a such a "successful hit" that he played it in a Belgian warehouse "with other people present". I'm glad he had to clarify there were other people there because I was under the assumption he played with himself.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    limboyfat, that’s an amazing video on narcissism. Sam Vaknin explains how all humans start out with narcissism, but most people work their way out of it as they mature. And he says that an adult narcissist only sees the people around him as useful instruments. It clears up so much. Also, he talks about the narcissist’s voracious appetite for praise.

Sort of off topic but there has to be a reason a child isn't able to adjust from the natural developmental narcissism a child has, to the empathy for and even centering of others whilst maintaining healthy boundaries, of an emotionally healthy adult.

Why is it JW kids so often have this problem. Often becoming one extreme of the other....perhaps Dijana developing the tendency to have no sense of self and preservation of such.

Some women can swing from one to the other, too, which can be confusing to their own family later on.

JW parents who prioritize the organization over their children, perhaps create an environment where kids are unable to out grow the Narcissism of young childhood??

• Vintage
    Vintage

Trying to have a relationship with a narcissist eventually damages the non-narcissist.

•  Debra
    Debra

Vintage I'd like you to kinda look at something I wrote

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit