It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Did somebody said

a few particularly good humorous memes to lighten it up.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Page 466! YE...On other News, the Patrons are up to 469 ? OY VEY, not that again...

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Lloyd Evans keeps bringing up that he had a Thailand "girlfriend." Here is what he actually had and why he believes he can get away with calling her that.

From this website: https://dreamholidayasia.com/destination/thailand-guide/phuket-sex-guide/

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

@Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Oops! A few posts back I prefaced my comment with @vivienne.

I meant to address that comment to LMSA.

Apologies for the mis-direct.

Aude

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    I suggest adding an intro/background chapter with details found on JWN.

The chapters are fluid and may be deleted or merged depending on the amount and/or quality of material available. But the threads he started and replied to on here form an excellent background of where his mind was at before he embarked on his full time activism career. I believe a large part of his remaining supporters are completely oblivious to his toxic and destructive nature and at his urging deflect that to other people and labelling them as jealous.

I also know he absolutely loathes this site and especially Simon whom he never got the best of. Going over his “greatest hits” here is not only showing him the receipts but also pinning them to his chest.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I would love to take a look at the AAWA legal paperwork. I could apply my accounting background to an analysis of what happened there. I was initially interest in that project but quickly lost my enthusiasm for AAWA when I found out he was forging the signature of a non-existent person to the state filing. I'm surprised somebody didn't end up in major legal trouble. That incident, and his doxing of a lot of people who weren't ready to deal with having their names in public spoke volumes about how he operated.

• Vintage
    Vintage

You're funny, Listener. You mean like... Evans would be allowed to post a rebuttal in the new literary work being proposed here, but he would have to pay for that privilege? Would he pay per word?

• Mikejw
    Mikejw
    I would love to take a look at the AAWA legal paperwork.

Jeff what is AWWA? And did Lloyd forge a signature?

• JeffT
    JeffT

AAWA = (in its first iteration) Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists. That sounded too extreme so they quickly changed the actual name but kept the AAWA initials. I can't remember what it stood for in that second go around.

When they wrote up and filed the corporation paper work Evans signed it with his "John Cedars" screen name. He also stated that he was a resident of the state in which they incorporated, I think it was either Arizona or New Mexico.

Those two things are problematic. There was no such person as "John Cedars" it was a made up name. Signing a legal document with a fictitious name is the same thing as signing somebody else's name. Certifying that he was a resident of the state of incorporation was also a false statement, and would have invalidated the incorporation.

I assume that when discovered they went to the state and pleaded ignorance or some such and dodged a bullet with the legal system. At best, the whole thing showed poor judgement.

Edited to add, I looked at an old thread. The second entity was Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses.

• Vintage
    Vintage

I found this:
    https://www.facebook.com/AAWA.Official.Page
    (AAWA) Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses is a legally incorporated educational organization committed to two key objectives:

Educating the non-JW world community about harmful policies for which the Watchtower is not currently held accountable. These policies result in the high incidence of child sexual abuse, domestic violence, emotional damage due to extreme shunning of family members, needless deaths due to the banning of certain blood treatments and loss of personal growth and potential by demonizing higher education.
    Assisting those who wish to leave the organization by making it easier for such ones to get the help and support they need.
    AAWA is a charity registered in the UK and in the US

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit