It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    However, two elderly JW men choose not to have any funeral ceremony. If their wives stayed JW, and the men woke up, (which is what I suspect) that would be the only solution. I realize that this talk of obituaries is off-topic.

That is so utterly awful, Vintage. I'm so sorry about these chaps. How awful not to have the eulogy they deserve because their wives are captives of an organization that will use their funeral to recruit more victims😡

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

@nicolaou - I just uploaded the videos I mentioned and some other screenshots. Please confirm receipt.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Slimboyfat, A good proofreader who understands the topic is a valuable asset.

Diogenesister, actuallly, one of the men had told me about Crisis of Conscience decades before I read it. I think that he had been PIMO for a very long time. He could easily have arranged a eulogy for himself if he’d wanted one. He was a lawyer and had argued before the U.S. Supreme Court for Watchtower long ago. No, I think that having no funeral ceremony was his choice.

The other man had been imprisoned during WWII for neutrality and was on his second (JW) marriage. So, again, I believe that he had made the choice himself to have no funeral ceremony. Neither men were newbies being pushed around.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I should say, I am not proofreader and I wouldn’t catch everything. But I would help spotting errors, as far as I can, if it helps.
    I remember sneaking around reading Crisis of Conscience, hiding it like it was contraband. But just around that time, at one of the Thursday meetings, I overheard a conversation between two sisters. This was back when sisters could did demonstration type talks on a Bible topic, using whatever material they like. (I’m not sure, but I think it’s more programmatic nowadays.)

One sister said to the other, “I’ve got a talk in a couple of week, would you be my householder?”

The other said, “sure, what’s your topic?”

“Apostasy.”

“Yeah I can help you out with that, because I read that book by Fred Franz’s nephew years ago, so I know what apostates try to say and all that”.

“Okay then, we’ll get together to practise”.

I nearly fainted. Here I was hiding the book as if my life depended on it, and this sister was talking about it openly in the Kingdom Hall as if it was no big deal. In fact it sounded like she was boasting about her insight on the topic. Pretty strange incident, seemed to me.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I’m not much of a writer but I’d certainly be willing to proofread if that’s any help.

Slim not true! I think you'd be perfect. Start a thread asking people what they think needs to go in, maybe. You could maybe do the AAWA.....or Jeff?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Nicolaou Could we upload Lloyds livestream to the website, or do you think he would attempt to have it removed if there were no commentary around it?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    The young guy with the pony tail did an excellent commentary on the livestream. It’s better than watching the original video because he picks up every important point.
  • Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    The young guy with the pony tail did an excellent commentary on the livestream.

That video was done by Fateful Slave.

https://youtu.be/w82EVCjFybM

• JeffT
    JeffT

I would like to help, I have to think about my schedule. I have a lot on my plate just now, but this appeals to my inner researcher.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Slimboyfat, I read Crisis of Conscience online, because it wasn’t available for sale as a hardcopy at the end of 2018. It’s a huge, thick book (for those who haven’t read it) and I probably harmed my eyes reading it in three or four days. And then, amazingly, it became available for sale through Amazon, so I ordered a hardcopy. I was so excited to receive it, and I planned to go back and read certain spots. But, like you, Slimboyfat, I was mortified that a JW might see that I had it. So, I took two sheets of white typing paper and carefully made a book cover to hide the title. My fear was that I might open the door to JWs and they would see the book near my door.

And then I ordered In Search of Christian Freedom. But, within days of receiving the first book, by the time the second book arrived, I had lost my morbid fear of being discovered with Ray Franz’ books by any JW who might show up. That’s how fast I lost my fear of being disfellowshipped. And I didn’t make a book cover for Ray Franz’ second book. :)

P. S. JeffT, I think you would do a great job of writing an overview. And you probably have the managerial skills to delegate pieces of the work to others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit