It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

Genesis 2:22 says, “22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.” Scripturally, God created marriage. NCC, ancient Israel did practice polygamy. Do you see polygamy, as it was practiced by Israel in the Old Testament, as being an “open marriage”?

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    Do you see polygamy, as it was practiced by Israel in the Old Testament, as being an “open marriage”?

Well it sure isn't a closed marriage, now is it? As for quoting the bible, thanks for proving my point.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Did he say Mold?

• Vintage
    Vintage

Leviticus 20:10 says, “If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must surely be put to death.”

NCC, polygamy, as practiced by Israel in the Old Testament, was not the same as an “open marriage”.

I quoted Genesis 2:22 because that verse gives the biblical account of God creating the first marriage.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Quoting the bible only proves my point. Marriage was set up by religion. You have not shown that anything in Genesis 2 is historical. Second, by making a distinction between polygamy and open marriage you are saying that it is perfectly fine for a man to cheat on his wife by marrying another wife. Would this be the same God being worshiped that established one man and one woman from Genesis 2? If open marriage is a sin then why did the God of Genesis 2 decide that polygamy is not a sin? Is it possible that your God is a misogynist? Then later did that same God decide he made a mistake and change his mind by the time the New Testament came along?

So your choices are there is more than one god represented in the bible. In which case, which god said what? Or the bible's God can't make up his mind. In which case, is your no longer perfect? Or is the bible just the creation of several Mideastern men and thus just the work of a religion?

Not looking to debate you on this, (especially in a thread about a man that I wish to expose as the lying and cheating jerk that he is) but if you were honest at all, you can see how flawed your position is by using the bible. Marriage is a construct of religion and is not unique to modern Jewish and Christian faiths. Now if you would like to argue that ALL religions are equally inspired by God, then feel free to make that case.

• Vintage
    Vintage

NCC, you said:

“...by making a distinction between polygamy and open marriage you are saying that it is perfectly fine for a man to cheat on his wife by marrying another wife.”

In ancient Israel, committing adultery with a neighbor’s wife carried the death penalty for both the man and the woman. Polygamy, as practiced in ancient Israel, was not an open marriage.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Adultery as defined by the Old Testament is sleeping with another man's wife. Women are possessions (property) in the Old Testament. So are you saying it is okay if I marry another woman in addition to my wife? Also you are conveniently not answering my other questions.

• Vintage
    Vintage

You said:

“The religions created marriage not God. Ancient Israel practiced polygamy for centuries along with any number of other civilizations.”

I said:

”Polygamy, as practiced in ancient Israel, was not an open marriage.”

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    I said:
    ”Polygamy, as practiced in ancient Israel, was not an open marriage.”

Vintage, it seems you (or at least your god) supports misogyny, because I don't see a difference. How is it okay for a man to marry multiple women, but not okay for a woman to do the same? If it is okay for a woman to have multiple partners, then how is that not an open marriage? Finally, you failed to answer any of my other questions.

Quoting the bible only proves my point. Marriage was set up by religion. You have not shown that anything in Genesis 2 is historical. Second, by making a distinction between polygamy and open marriage you are saying that it is perfectly fine for a man to cheat on his wife by marrying another wife. Would this be the same God being worshiped that established one man and one woman from Genesis 2? If open marriage is a sin then why did the God of Genesis 2 decide that polygamy is not a sin? Is it possible that your God is a misogynist? Then later did that same God decide he made a mistake and change his mind by the time the New Testament came along?
    So your choices are there is more than one god represented in the bible. In which case, which god said what? Or the bible's God can't make up his mind. In which case, is your no longer perfect? Or is the bible just the creation of several Mideastern men and thus just the work of a religion?
    Not looking to debate you on this, (especially in a thread about a man that I wish to expose as the lying and cheating jerk that he is) but if you were honest at all, you can see how flawed your position is by using the bible. Marriage is a construct of religion and is not unique to modern Jewish and Christian faiths. Now if you would like to argue that ALL religions are equally inspired by God, then feel free to make that case.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

You can't just paint over damp basement walls, you have to at least apply a type of "Dry-Loc" paint at least 2 coats. Then vapor barrier, then frame up the walls with blue wood or metal studs, then apply spray-foam insulation between studs, all before you drywall. If you don't have a sump pump, you gotta do that too to evacuate any water from below the slab. While you're at it, you better add radon mitigation to the same sealed sump pump cover.

Wonder how much Radon and Mold Lloyd has breathed in while down in the Bunker all this time?

Hmmmm.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit