It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I SUPPOSE IT IS TIME FOR A GRAMMAR LESSON - yeah, ok, let's talk about grammar. When I refer to myself, I use the first person singular pronoun (I or me). So does everyone else, because it would be very odd for people to refer to themselves using a third person pronoun.

I can also correctly say that Taylor's personal pronouns are she and her, because it helps her feel comfortable about herself - people don't own third person pronouns. I'm a biological male, and there is a consensus in society to refer to biological males as 'he/him', but if someone were to call me another pronoun e.g. she/her, there'd be nothing I could do about it, just accept it. In fact, that happened to me for a while when I was a JW, I still had 'worldly' friends and they would call me she/her because I would not join in swearing/cursing, talking about girls in a misogynistic way, etc. My name's Philip but they would call me 'Phyllis'. I couldn't make them call me Philip, lol. So I just had to put up with it.

as long as she asks nicely, then what is the big deal? - it's a slippery slope to compelled speech. And it's wrong to insist that other people use certain words; it goes against freedom of speech and expression.

This particular person may have asked nicely, but there are other people who demand it, rather that asking nicely.

Taylor for personal reasons wants to be thought of as female - this person is free to identify as female. But it's a bit silly to make others have this exact same view.

My issue with Taylor was coming in here and demanding respect instead of earning it - yes, that is a good point.

• Simon
    Simon
    as long as she asks nicely, then what is the big deal?

They didn't ask nicely though, that's the point. All this "they seem nice to me" is BS because what they actually did shows they were not intending to be nice. So they get the response it warrants.

I don't respect people who appear out of nowhere trying to cause trouble for me.

But anyway, this is all off-topic so I think this is done now.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    They didn't ask nicely though, that's the point. All this "they seem nice to me" is BS because what they actually did shows they were not intending to be nice. So they get the response it warrants.

Maybe you missed the part where I called her a child during that heated exchange. Yes, at that moment I was having none of her attitude. It wasn't until multiple texts on Twitter that we both came to an understanding and now I feel like we have respect for each other.

Simon, I get your point, this is your online home and being respectful is your number one policy. Taylor was not at all respectful that day, even Taylor agrees with that now. Sometimes a second chance is warranted.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    as long as she asks nicely, then what is the big deal? - it's a slippery slope to compelled speech. And it's wrong to insist that other people use certain words; it goes against freedom of speech and expression.

I agree it is wrong to demand. But what freedom of speech and expression would Taylor have trampled on if she asked you politely to modify pronouns directed toward her?

• Simon
    Simon
    It wasn't until multiple texts on Twitter that we both came to an understanding and now I feel like we have respect for each other.

Texts in private vs public posts. Can you not see how different those two things are? Only one of them means anything to anyone but you.

Simon, I get your point, this is your online home and being respectful is your number one policy. Taylor was not at all respectful that day, even Taylor agrees with that now. Sometimes a second chance is warranted.

And yet their public posts, trying to rally a mob to retaliate, are still there. So they don't feel so different that they will actually do anything meaningful ...

Do you not imagine that people like this haven't perfected ways to be manipulative to get what they want? You give them what they want, but they don't change or do anything.

You were played.

But what freedom of speech and expression would Taylor have trampled on if she asked you politely to modify pronouns directed toward her?

Again, step back further. When do people's pronouns typically come up in any discussions we have? What have they todo with this topic? Never, and nothing. So why even ask?! If you want to take part in a discussion, take part as a regular poster. Don't arrive like the Cool Aid man and then complain that people treated you differently - you forced them to!

The majority of people on this site are anonymous. All we know about anyone is what they tell us, and if someone says they are "he" or "she" that is what people then use. That's all they had to do, but they didn't. They wanted to make some LGBTQ issue out of nothing, for no other reason than to be disruptive.

Also, you don't have the right to say anything you want on this site or any site. That is not how freedom of speech works.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    That's IT!!! I'm now going to identify as John Cedars. I'm a middle-aged ex-Brit with huge neck waddle and neck beard, and I DEMAND more vacation time from my employer so that I may frequent Thailand and it's Lady-Boiz buffet! Anyone not respecting my new identity and pronouns are all BIGOTS! I will also give you the nastiest tongue-lashing (oohh myyyyy!) on my Patreon Youtube Channel and suit you for the sum of.......One Million Pounds!! Bwaaaahahahahahaha!
  • Bangalore
  • vienne
    vienne

Don't forget the bear fur back too. and he probably shaves his eyebrows. And one wonders how often he changes his socks ...

An in-your-face MAN demanding to be called a 'she' will not get that from me. You are what you are. If you choose to live an alternate life style, fine. Between you and God. I'm not included in that mess. But, if you look like a HE and were born as a HE, that's what I'll call you. Take your activism somewhere else.

... Even if Evans likes Thai Lady Boys ...

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ruh-Ohhh!!!

Lloyd got the dreaded 2 lines! He's pregnant! Damn those Thai Lady-Boiz!

I knew Lloyd was a "catcher".

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Long story short, i go on JLE Facebook page , the JW one were, he post is youtube JW videos. Curious to see how many Friends Followers he still have...4,680, then click on see all friends. Second row. no 10 this ex-jw? caught my eyes. This is her facebook page link...I did not wrote the link of her post cause if you click on it , it will bring you to the Best Dating Worlwide .with a Continue button that i did not want to click on it. Again ,his EX-JW FACEBOOK also it seems her facebook accont was made may 31 2022? And she be friends Lloyd Evans WHY? ... :laughing: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100080995813275

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit