It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

Voilà, more Croatian representation in the US.

https://embassy-finder.com/croatia_in_

Thanks for the compliment, NCC.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Is she wants to be called she, call her she - sorry, it seems you fundamentally misunderstand how human interaction works.

Human interaction is a two-way street.

People are free to see themselves a certain way; what they're not free to do, however, is force everybody else to view them as they view themselves.

Edit: Aaand back to obese fuckwit Roy Devons ...

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Dude who looks like a lay-dee:

"It is MA'AM! It is MA'AM!"

• Chinapomo
    Chinapomo

500 Patreons. Nice. Still 500 too many though

• Vintage
    Vintage

LoveUniHateExams, that’s true. For example, what if I wanted to be seen as drop-dead-gorgeous? What if Evans wants to be seen as morally upright? Lol.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What if Evans wants to be seen as morally upright? - exactly, lol.

Lloyd Evans self-identifies has morally upright, therefore we all have to see him that way or we're a bunch of bigots!

That'll probably be part of his court case, lol

It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars (page 90)

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That sounds accurate. He has tried to minimize his actions by claiming that they weren't worse ('didn't kill anyone, didn't drown puppies, etc') and that he's no different from any other 'flawed individual.' He has also said that he knows that he is a good person.

So, in a way, he is "identifying as a moral person." This is the basis for his pushback against criticisms and accusations of misconduct. And it comes down to a similar approach- claim you are one thing, regardless of the evidence, and use the disputed claim to attack everyone else as bigots and haters.

• Simon
    Simon

I self identify as someone you each owe one "meeeelion dollahs" to. Please don't mis-lender me.

If it was simply "use this pronoun" it wouldn't be so bad, but we know it doesn't stop there - that's just the "gateway drug" to crazy land, where people want to go into ladies washrooms and ladies prisons (rapes happen in both) and elbow women out of sports.

Sorry, I like women. I'm not playing that game. Mental illness should be treated, not rewarded. Crimes should be punished, not excused.

But it doesn't even stop there. As it's continued, it clearly has increasingly strong ties to pedophilia. Again, I like kids, I don't think hey should be sexualized or subjected to gross indecent behavior as happens at the mis-named "pride" parades (at this point, it should be "shame"). It seems like they've even elbowed out gay people and will undermine all the acceptance they have built up over the last 5 decades.

So no, I'm not going to use someone's incorrect pronouns unless they actually look and act like a lady. I use she / her for women and girls. Not morally debauched men who threaten and abuse people.

Transphobia is up there with Islamophobia, both extreme weaponized outrage for political purposes against justified concerns. Maybe we could organize to put both groups together in some desert and let them fight it out? I see a hit reality TV show ... Drags vs Jihads? Trans vs Imams?

Am I cancelled yet? LOL

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    Human interaction is a two-way street.
    People are free to see themselves a certain way; what they're not free to do, however, is force everybody else to view them as they view themselves.
    what if I wanted to be seen as drop-dead-gorgeous? What if Evans wants to be seen as morally upright?
    Lloyd Evans self-identifies has morally upright, therefore we all have to see him that way or we're a bunch of bigots!

I SUPPOSE IT IS TIME FOR A GRAMMAR LESSON. Jesus H Christ, it is a f-ing pronoun. It means everything to Taylor and as long as she asks nicely, then what is the big deal? My issue with Taylor was coming in here and demanding respect instead of earning it. After taking the chance to get to know her a little better, she now has my respect. As for your examples of identifying as gorgeous and Lloyd Evans if he were to self identify as morally upright, that is an adjective. Although I am sure Lloyd Evans would like to be thought of as anything but a jerk, however an adjective describes both nouns and pronouns. So I can say correctly say that Lloyd Evans is a jerk and he will probably always be a jerk. I can also correctly say that Taylor's personal pronouns are she and her, because it helps her feel comfortable about herself.

Does it cost you anything to modify a pronoun? Have you lost anything by doing so? Taylor for personal reasons wants to be thought of as female. It is something she has worked on for years. Maybe if this was something she had done flippantly I would dismiss it too, but in Taylor's case it is her identity.

I hope to make this my last post regarding Taylor as this thread is about Lloyd. I see his Patreon numbers are still slowly going down. My guess is those who are morally outraged are now out, so we are down to those who will drop out due to quality of content. I am disappointed as I expected more to care about the sexually abused.

• Simon
    Simon
    Does it cost you anything to modify a pronoun? Have you lost anything by doing so?

Yes, my own integrity and self respect. I gain shame of supporting an ideology that harms people. Not just the silent voices: rape victims, women who can't compete in sports, abused kids, but also in 10 years we'll be knee deep in lawsuits from these same people now demanding they be changed demanding that they were damaged by the changes they demanded.

I think the "health care" industry have just hit on a way to monetize the mentally ill instead of treating them.

Q: Can I self-identify as a Chinaman? Maybe get some surgery to change my eyes? Or how about if I want to be a black man? Can I wear blackface to help me transition?

It would be way, way easier for me to become a Chinese man or a black man than to become a woman. But I suspect both would be considered offensive and rather silly. Why?

I don't know anything about this "Taylor" person other than that they chose to come to my site intent on causing trouble and then attempt to spread that on Twitter. So don't tell me they are a lovely person and I've misjudged them. They may be strategically nice to you to gain your support, but if they have been doing bad things to people for many years I don't put much value in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit