It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Next he'll be a reluctant ex-ex-JW, well, one can only hope

Now there's some ideas for his next book. The Reluctant Husband and Father could be his best tell-all book yet. He can detail how to cheat on your wife with unregulated prostitution. He can show how easy it is to convince people to hand over their money for ugly t-shirts, poorly written books and boring videos. He can give out tips on how you too can shout down and bully your competition until they give up. All this and more...

And if you act now, he will even show you how to convince people to work for you for free and give you the content you need to run a profitable YouTube channel.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    TonusOH like an advance, if you were working with a publisher. The difference being that the investors don't recoup this advance; they are doing it specifically to support the author. I like the concept, it helps creators get around the gates put up by publishers and industries to maintain control of a product they don't actually create.
    not well regulated, so people need to be smart and cautious when deciding where to spend money.

Yes I've supported an author that way but the money I put up was basically the value of the book, a copy of which I received when it was published. So basically it's an advance you provide the author - one they wouldn't get from a publisher. Thoroughly enjoyed the book as did my son who is a history nerd.

So nothing like Lloyds situation, whereby people donated to his Indigogo of £25,000 but still had to buy the book.
    Then for the second, he had the nerve to rip off Neil The Great Apostate's book AND charge people for the pleasure.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Had to post this one, I don't think it was posted in full?🤣🤣🤣https://twitter.com/joseelyne1/status/1524785181185425408?t=CGQx-aIW8f-F8CxaloiAaQ&s=19

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I notice Lloyd uses the same tier design as telltale, using the statue in the book of Daniel

https://www.patreon.com/telltaleatheist

https://www.patreon.com/cedars

I wonder who copied who?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    So nothing like Lloyds situation, whereby people donated to his Indigogo of £25,000 but still had to buy the book.

Just to be clear, I'm defending crowdfunding as a viable concept, not Evans' particular use of it.

The nice thing about crowdfunding is that you can structure it however you want. As long as prospective supporters know what they're getting into, it's fine. The idea that your support doesn't also get you a copy of the book... isn't something I would do, but as long as your supporters know the score, it's on them. To me, the dark side of crowdfunding is that it's another way to scam people, by asking for support and either lying about what they are paying for, or taking the money and not delivering. As far as I can tell, he didn't do that.

Taking the money and publishing an unflattering book that ultimately helps to cement your reputation as a creep and a jerk... is also something I would not advise a prospective author to do. But this is page 268 of a topic dedicated to his lack of sound judgment, so it's also not surprising.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Can I ask what is the big deal about this pervert? He has so many making comments, don't you think he loves to read everything being written. To give him this attention, why?

Holding someone accountable and confronting them on their problematic behaviour is the one thing all narcissists fear. : /

• Dagney
    Dagney

Don’t forget Lloyd’s book signing tour. A big table with stacks of books and people lined up to buy books and get a selfie. He had several dates here in California where a venue was rented and his video team was there recording the program. He was also promoting the movie. He came with Dijana and the daughter.

I only went to the one in Los Angeles because a good friend (former elder) and his wife were coming from out of state to attend. I took the day off work to visit with my friends and tour them around a bit. I’m sure at least 100 people were there and to be honest I met some very interesting people with some very interesting stories. Everyone there was a devotee and financial support asked for and given much like a CO’s visit to the congregation. Lol the proverbial green handshake. “Keep up the good work mate!” Little did anyone know what else those $$$ were spent on

My point is that whole multi state and I believe country tour with his family and entourage costs thousands and very annoying to me. He was reveling in the attention. After our experience here with him I was not interested in anything he was selling, but many were. I did get the chance to slip him a dig when I was introduced to him. I enjoyed the look on his face.

• Starruby
    Starruby

Dagney don't leave us hanging, what was the dig and what was his response? Did others around you hear it and respond?

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Can I ask what is the big deal about this pervert? He has so many making comments, don't you think he loves to read everything being written. To give him this attention, why?

No, because Lloyd Evans wants to control the narrative like he did in 2017. We are not going to let him this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit