Do You Think People Should Be Scorned For Wearing A Red MAGA Hat?

by minimus 84 Replies latest jw friends

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    Help, help, I'm being repressed!
  • blondie
    blondie

Actually, as hats go the MAGA hats are not very attractive to me.

Why identify yourself with such a hat, why not the US flag on a nice looking hat, it would seem more appropriate and not so divisive.

• LV101
    LV101

Why not enjoy wearing (if any venues exist that are safe from dictators/left extremists - obviously caps can't be worn fashionably other than very casual/mundane attire) if one feels so inclined. Who needs the approval and fashion advice of others. I 'heard' no one criticizing/physically harming anyone wearing Obama/Ole Hil paraphernalia -- forever pink Hil t-shirts and I've friends who still wear them but around the house -- fortunately. Many were shunned by the Obama worshippers --even while remaining silent and undecided Dems! Quite a training program re/attack&shut down anyone not ra ra for their candidate and quite eye opening.

• blondie
    blondie

LV101, just stating my personal impressions. I don't like to wear any products that advertise the company's logo or name, sports, or events for charity themes. I have no need to advertise my own personal opinions that way and offend someone.

If others want to do wear such things, that is their decision. But I thought I was being asked my feelings about it, not saying I should impose them on others.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's look a bit out of place here in the UK. Even so, it's none of my business.

• LV101
    LV101

YEP - I hear ya and never have worn political items myself in past (or opened my mouth in public - I've still been verbally attacked in art group settings more than once by not participating in their strong political opinions and another human merely discussing her views to me - that's radically wrong. I actually lie low even in social settings (dinners) with other couples, but when I have an opportunity in venue without being harmed (big assumption today) I take advantage of it. Hopefully, there's no dictator-thugs hanging around the assisted/memory care facility and I enjoy the Vets and special events on their behalf. I can't believe what human beings have encouraged/promoted in this country - it's sickening especially to many who have never been strong right or left.

Everyone is clearly entitled to their own opinions and it's good to be able to discuss and learn from one another. I thought I was quite liberal - WOW - still upset about Viet Nam and my cousins.

• Simon
    Simon
    Why identify yourself with such a hat, why not the US flag on a nice looking hat, it would seem more appropriate and not so divisive.

In what was is it divisive? Why is the message offensive?

Isn't it the uncivilized people's responses that are divisive and offensive.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

People should be free to wear a MAGA hat if they want to.

And the rest of the people should also be free to point at the hat and laugh at you for believing that Drumpft actually gives a rat's ass about you or anything other than him or his elite swampy cadre.

• blondie
    blondie

I did not say the message was offensive, just that I might offend someone unknowingly if I wore such clothing.

I find it more productive to concentrate on what we have in common.

As to buying products that are designed to advertise the maker, I avoid that, they should pay me. Whether sports, political slogans, carrying signs in the street, etc., I don't feel that is the best form to exchange ideas and are limited in their scope.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Blondie, I gave thumbs up to each of your posts. Your opinion is valid and non-confrontational.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit