I'm now turned off by this site

by purrpurr 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I like the freedom to finally be able to talk about politics, I kept mostly silent on politics even after I left for some years, holding to some form of pacifism, then I started to understand that this is really bad.

Politics is something you can't do in the Borg, so it should be allowed here. It's always interesting to hear left-wingers say something shouldn't be allowed or moved out of sight, as if the conversation should be controlled and things that make them feel cognitive dissonance offend them.

There are plenty of political topics due to the current political climate. The world is sitting on a powder keg of political correctness while the left are taking over major institutions and implementing disastrous policy. This has been the case ever since 2012 when Obama promised "peace and security" then proceeded to shit all over every institution and freedom.

These forums are the few places where people are allowed to still speak, if you talk about stuff like this on YouTube or FaceBook you literally get banned, some people have gotten shunned or fired from their jobs if their family or work friends find out they voted Republican. People start to notice and wake up to the cult of the left with its political correctness.

Given most of us came from a cult not too long ago, the cult of political correctness doesn't feel too attractive, hence you'll see most of us on a center-right position instead of a left-wing position.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I've posted the same concerns in the past. I'm like you, I just want to see bad news about the org. Hall closings and opinions about topics such as David splanes latest. So all you can do is scroll through most of the topics.

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

Amen to the original post. Reading for 20 years.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Agreed!!

Unfortunately; many topics are now RED vs Blue; which is surprising for ex-jay-dubs. Not surprised by the racial slant on many post. It almost expected.

I enjoy the personal JW and experiences from everyone; but I don’t care about ANYONE’S political beliefs or opinions.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Hi purrpurr and Rocketman123, I agree with you completely about what has happened to this site. I joined this site more than 10 years to learn about evidence pertaining to the WT religion (pro and con, but mostly con) - not to read political discussions.

Because of how this site has changed I have been thinking of ceasing to visit this site, or at least bypass all topic areas except for those in the WT and JW topic areas.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Wise Idea DJW

You can bypass all the bullshit right wing rhetoric that gets posted on the forum as others have said is far too much.

I think these guys are spamming the site for their own personal agenda.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I don’t care about ANYONE’S political beliefs or opinions.

Isn't it terrible to be forced to read opinions or comments you do not like? There ought to be a law against permitting discussion of any subject we do not like to read or hear about, and preventing people from posting any comment that we do not agree with.

Strange thing, every person who posted on this site and then bitched about subject matter and went off in a huff has yet to start their own site where they could control the content.

• TD
    TD

Like all sites of this type, the mood changes over time

There was a point, for example, where the man-hate here was so thick you could cut it with a knife

I'm sure JW females come by it honestly, but it was directed at the wrong people. They type of man who would question the JW belief system is not usually the type of man who accepts the stone age notion that women are inferior in any way.

There was a time when I sounded like a psycho for pointing out that there are perfectly legitimate uses for firearms in the American Southwest.

But that changed in time. The pendulum has swung in cadence with the current resurgence of populism, but it won't stay there forever. Political moods come and go.

I am still very grateful to Simon for this site and the time he has put into it.

• carla
    carla

I am grateful to Simon as well.

What I see as a never been jw, never will be, ubm, is that is seems to come in cycles and what is going on in the world at large. There is a lot going in the world right now but if something were to be earth shaking in the jw world that would take precedence on this site in a an instant.

Oddly, I find my jw the most political person I know. He detests that I even vocalize it as such and gets quite annoyed with me if I do. Doesn't make it a false statement however.

For those who dislike political discourse why do you click on those topics? There are many topics I read but do not comment on because I am not qualified (never been jw) or do not know the issue well enough. Some may say I comment anyway, lol. I try not to.

If you want more jw topics, how many thread have you started to keep that in the 'latest' queue? I know a little red guy who is pretty good with starting topics, whether you agree with him or not is besides the point, he does a good job asking questions and keeping himself relevant and on our minds for a moment.

What I do know is that there is a wealth of information here and people who are willing to answer over and over the same questions regarding jw -ism. For that I am eternally grateful. If we take a pause to take note of what is going on globally, why not? where else can we hear from so many places around the globe? I know that I can ask someone in the UK, down under, Germany, Finland (not sure if they are still around), Ireland, Japan, Mexico, etc.... It's ok to look at something else even if it is not jw related for a short bit. Some poor soul will end up here saying, "is it better to df or slow fade" (if they even know those terms) and I know all the kind hearted souls here will do what they can to help them through a horrible ordeal.

A small break now and again from jw-ism will not hurt this site in my opinion.

My thanks to all who answer the asked and answered questions again and again.

I just hope we can all be cordial and welcoming to the newby who is scared and stands to lose so much.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous
    You can bypass all the bullshit right wing rhetoric that gets posted on the forum as others have said is far too much.

You must loathe and hate in the "biblical sense of the word" those who are defined as apostates and show no curiosity about their ideas, and that apostates' "whole purpose is to tear down God's people and to distort the truth." Apostates must be shunned and ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit