I'm now turned off by this site

by purrpurr 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Hey purrpurr (and other people), what other sites are there where exJWs and seriously doubting JWs can engage in debate about numerous aspects of the WT/JW religion, and receive support? I have yet to find any other sites which are good for those purposes.

Regarding this site becoming more and more based around politics (and other matters not pertaining to the WT or its JW religion), I am wondering if maybe that is because maybe everything critical (in a relevant way) which can be written about the WT/JWs has already been written on this site, other the ongoing newest developments of the WT and its JW religion.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The main problem isn’t that there is a majority of right wing views expressed. The main problem is the lies and misrepresentations that get leveled against anyone who points out any flaws with those views.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Big voices seemed to start during the Trump era and continue thanks to the pandemic.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think in some ways there is a connect. It seems to me that the Watchtower is dying on it's posterior and there is little more to discuss anymore. It's all the same garbage. With the lockdowns and Jobos confined to their rooms instead of the Kingdom Hells, well, what can I say. It seems a bit dead out there.

We escaped the disgusting cult. however, a new cult has arisen recently (it seems), that of the politic. I think the seeming 'right wing' stuff is in opposition to another disgusting cult, not the Jobos, but the 'woke'.

I sometimes feel I'm talking about the same subject.

Anyway, that's my two penceworth. Bear in mind I have little interest in American politics being a Brit. Boy, are all American politicians straight out of the looney bin? (Still not interested )

You may have guessed that after being trapped in the bOrg all my life, I now totally loathe all authority.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

This is an interesting observation pp and one that I hope more people respond to .

.Doesn`t the WT/JW religion themselves engage in politics ? One way or another over the years ?

Isn`t prophecying about the KOTN & the KOTS and what the supposed Eighth king is going to do speculating in politics ?

Could their stand in times past challenging the legal systems rulings be constituted as taking a stand against the Superiour Authorities according to Rom.13 ? The political /Judicial Systems.? That are in place ?

While I like to see more discussion on what the WT religion is doing and where it is heading I do see that politics has some relevance here as do other subjects such as sexuality ,racism , and even whether we are alone in the Universe .

Because one way or another they are all related to the Bible and Religion of one form or another.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

in the past few years I've noticed this site is becoming more and more based around politics

Er, hang on a sec.

This forum has always had political threads.

Maybe this site was more left-leaning in the past and now it's more right-leaning?

And maybe that is what you don't like about this site.

Just thinking out loud here, please don't be offended.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Purr purr is right in his opening post. The culture of this board has changed tremendously over the years.I also dislike the extent of political subjects, especially since much of it is Right Wing American which is a total turn-off to a Brit like me.

In the good old days this board was........

We could go on about how we liked it better back then, but what is the point of that ?

It is what it is. We must accept it or leave. I find there are still times when I read things about the WTS that I never knew . It is still a valuable source of information. I learn what they are up to, what they are saying and I can still blow off steam and talk to people of the same mind as me. When you live in a partial dub household, that opportunity is priceless.

If there is a better place I would like to find it . I find Reddit to be too superficial and lacking depth . I don’t use Social Media.

So , I’m sorry if you go Purrpurr , I will continue to ignore the threads I don’t like and search for the good stuff on here.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Its simple, don't go to those posts. You are like the snowflakes who say they need a safe space. There are threads under the cult and different topics and then politics is usually under news and world events. You are like the kid who keeps going to the stove and touches it and then cries they get burned. I personally hate pro sports. So if someone posts in NAWE Hey what about those Lakers, I just don't go to that thread. Its just that simple, I don't whine that someone posted a thread about sports. Jesus Christ.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Meanwhile Over at Reddit it's 95% total crap with stupid kids asking dumb questions

• Ding
    Ding
    Would the problem be resolved if the site had some sort of filter when you could list the types of topics you do or don't want to see?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit