I'm now turned off by this site

by purrpurr 103 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

In one form or another I've been a member of this site for almost 10 years. In the past this was a great place for debate, news and support for ex Jws. I logged on several times a day and posted several times a week.

But in the past few years I've noticed this site is becoming more and more based around politics, right wing politics in particular. For instance I just clicked through the first 5 pages of 'latest posts' and found 12 threads about politics.

Now before certain people start frothing at the mouth, I should point out, I'm not saying that theres anything wrong with political debates or thoughts or opinions. But I do wonder whether this is the right site for such? Especially when you consider that for many questioning Jws this site may be the first they click on. If it looks to be mostly a political place then they may just click out again and who knows if they will click elsewhere to get the help they need?

I for one will be going elsewhere online for ex Jw debate and support. I'll stop by in a few years and maybe this place will again be focused on the Borg, I hope so. We've got a common enemy and we need to fight it together.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

But in the past few years I've noticed this site is becoming more and more based around politics, right wing politics in particular.

I have the same feelings and I've been posting on this site for over 16 years.

A lot of people who were here for a long time have left, Flipper, Blondie, Cofty to mention a few, it used to be a nice place for new ones exiting the JW religion.

Now right wing politics are taking up most of the thread topics and propagated.

.....sad

• waton
    waton

D Splane defined wt critics with tenuous ties to wt, some of the kind of people that post here, --- as " letting of steam" . so let them have it, full bore,

steam clean the wt.

other topics are welcome too, if that fulfills you , of course.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

There's this thing called Liberty. Clearly you are uncomfortable with it. If you want controlled conversation you can always go back to the Organization.

• hoser
    hoser

Didn’t this site start out pro jw?

• waton
    waton
    What happened to open minded neutral/balance ?

R 123: it is the R word, the right religion, to right all the wrongs at aRRRmageddon,

the left stands for lawlessness, lax, lewd behaviour, looting, so, unsurprisingly,

the site members lean to the right, and:

the universe is ruled by law.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I agree, maybe the politics could be moved to a different site. I want to know the latest 💩 in JW land. Could do without the politics.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

There is at least one poster on here in particular that can be partially blamed.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Maybe person "M" is intentionally doing this to trash the site/forum so people don't come here ?

Overload it with politics rather than things associated with JWS ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit