I'm now turned off by this site

by purrpurr 103 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

did purr purr ever come back ?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Me.Wonderful: You could have learned a new language or mastered the guitar in that time. Hell, you could have built a whole African village.

Has anyone else managed to learn a new language, master the guitar, or build a whole* African village in the past 19 years? I'm just trying to figure out whether or not I wasted the last couple of decades.

*That's right, a whole village. No cheating!

• nischansr
    nischansr

Who cares? Take it or leave it!

Read a post, like it reply, don't like it move on.

You are not going to agree with everyone nor do you have to question, debate, complain whatever it takes.

• Riley
    Riley

I was raised as a witness by my mother but my father was never one of them. He was actually a staunch Ronald Reagan type conservative , even though I am Canadian.

What has happened to the conservative movement is just heartbreaking to him. Cheering for the re-creation of the Soviet Union, The dangers of modern medicine. Nothing but a bunch of populist mushheads amplifying a right wing algorithm. The worst part is they all think they are so bloody original.

I think people are voting with the posts and presence when it comes to this board. Too bad, it use to be a wonderful resource for PIMO community.

• Riley
    Riley

I have this friend who travels the world on inherited wealth and is always posting right wing memes and such. Mainly about the transgender issue. Yeah like that is the biggest threat to the planet. He is also always telling people how they need to pull themselves up my there bootstraps and such cause he is such a self made man.

So last week he is in Auschwitz and posting stuff about horrible humans be to one another and how moving it all was. Then he goes back to shitposting about the dangers of Pride/Woke/Homosexuals/Trans. Just a total disconnect to what happens when people are total dickheads.

God, the internet has made people smart.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Riley:

So why are populists "mushheads"?

You don't think the woke ideology is dangerous?

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

So why are populists "mushheads"?

You don't think the woke ideology is dangerous?

It's possible for one to be fed up with both ends...

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Syd:

The woke aren't going away. I'm tired of it too.

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"The woke aren't going away. I'm tired of it too."

IDK. I think it may have reached it's zenith. It's an odd situation for me. I've always been on the left of the political spectrum and still consider myself that. But then one day the bar gets moved so far away you're just like "these people have lost their damn minds".

I really think it's mostly social media. I still have faith that the vast majority are slightly left center or slightly right center and could hold civilized discussions about their differences if the 2 crazy ends weren't constantly pouring gasoline onto everything.

• Riley
    Riley

The Culture war thing is just the Right Wing Media learning from Covid that sensational hate filled nonsense is really the only way to get yourself noticed in an increasing competitive news environment. Views mean money. The more bullshit or angry you spew, the more likely you are to get clicks.

Also the fact with the economy running at full employment and interest and inflation rates are almost to a point where they should be, there isn't much anything of substance to get mad about anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit