Awesome Video on debunking 1914!!!!! Follow it carefully to the end!!

by Beth Sarim 168 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

Anna Marina

Well I am certain because I know the Bible and I know that when Dan 1:1 speaks of the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership, it means... the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership.

You are sadly mistaken in your inference for Dan.1:1 correctly rendered in the NWT refers not to the third year of Jehoiakim's reign as in most other translations but to the third year of his kingship or as you put it 'rulership' so this understanding has implications for Chronology nicely affixing 607 BCE as the correct date for the Fall of Jerusalem leading to the end of the Gentile Times in 1914 CE.

scholar JW emeritus

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Here it is. As Winston puts it on his Watchtowerexaminatin channel. He debunks the WT 'full circle' theology on the Faithful Slave appointing over ''some'' or ''all'' of Christ's belongings. Craftily and cunning doctrinal flip flops. Here goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spTNBM4NZ5w&t=12s

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Beth Sarim - I don't focus on the dates just the maths. It's a different approach.

I know Eric has put up some helpful videos and the one who does the work on the dates for him is Tadua. Tadua focusses on reconciling external history. We have very, very interesting chats.

I can understand what the PIMI's are thinking of re the 20 year discrepancy. But sadly their house is built on a lot more than 20 years worth of sand. If I am correct, they even have the 7 times wrong, but you can't see it until you get the necessary scriptures under your nose. So the PIMI's might have to accommodate Christ's Invisible Prescence starting somewhere in the late 500s. Give or take 20 years.

What do you think? Think they'll fall for it?

You are probably right about the purge. Also, they I don't think they care about a new teaching being correct. I think they want it to be appealing. I remember C T Russell being quotes as saying, "we've never told them about the harvest..." or something like that. It was like a new spin to get people interested, not bring them the truth about Jesus Christ. Bit like Advertise, Advertise, Advertise. As if God's kingdom is a product to be sold to consumers.

Scholar - Watchtower has its own very unique take on logic. It is aimed at special people.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is so much documented events that happened between the dating of the WTS's (607) that what most secular knowledge has dated the final destruction of Jerusalem (586) it would be an improbability for the WTS's date to be correct.

The leaders of the WTS were just poorly educated speculators that wanted 1914 to be a significant year no matter, they intentionally dismissive from even the bible's own information..

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

notsurewheretogo - have some fun with this - it'll be in the next video

Daniel interprets Neb's Tree Dream during or shorty after the 2nd year of Neb.

12 months pass after the interpretation.

Dan 4:29-33

At the end of twelve months he was walking on the roof of his great house in Babylon. The king made answer and said, Is this not great Babylon, which I have made for the living-place of kings, by the strength of my power and for the glory of my honour? While the word was still in the king's mouth, a voice came down from heaven, saying, O King Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is said: The kingdom has gone from you: And they will send you out from among men, to be with the beasts of the field; they will give you grass for your food like the oxen, and seven times will go by you, till you are certain that the Most High is ruler in the kingdom of men, and gives it to any man at his pleasure. That very hour the order about Nebuchadnezzar was put into effect: and he was sent out from among men, and had grass for his food like the oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hair became long as eagles' feathers and his nails like those of birds

So Nebuchadnezzar's Driven Away for 7 Times starts 3rd maybe 4th year of Nebuchadenzzar.

Nebuchadnezzar takes Jehoiachin captive in his 8th year. So how do you squeeze about 7 years into the 4 or 5 years from 3rd-4th year Neb to 8th year Neb?

(2 Kings 24:12) . . .At length Je‧hoi′a‧chin the king of Judah went out to the king of Babylon, he with his mother and his servants and his princes and his court officials; and the king of Babylon got to take him in the eighth year of his being king. . .

Watchtower knows how. They make out 2 Kings 24:12 is talking about the 8th year of Jehoiachin, who only ruled for 3 months and 10 days.

You can see why they threw me out can't you.

• scholar
    scholar

Finkelstein

Yes the Bible contains a detailed history of documented events and that is why WT chronology is so accurate as it alone fully accounts for the biblical 70 years of Jeremiah which began with the Fall of Jerusalem beginning the Exile and ending the Exile in 537 BCE. Neo-Babylonian Chronology does not account or document these 70 years which in turn falsifies the dates of 586 0r 587 BCE

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Anna Marina

(2 Kings 24:12) . . .At length Je‧hoi′a‧chin the king of Judah went out to the king of Babylon, he with his mother and his servants and his princes and his court officials; and the king of Babylon got to take him in the eighth year of his being king. . .

Watchtower knows how. They make out 2 Kings 24:12 is talking about the 8th year of Jehoiachin, who only ruled for 3 months and 10 days.

No, the 8th year herein referred to is to Neb's reign as in his 8th year which events as described in 2Ki. 24:12-16 are the same as those described in Daniel 1:1-3 with all of the princes taken as captives in that year of 617BCE

scholar JW

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

HI Scholar

Oh shame about Dan 1:1 being 618BCE. Never mind.

“In the third year of the kingship of Jehoiakim the king of Judah, Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon came to Jerusalem and proceeded to lay siege to it.” (Dan. 1:1)

This “third year” of vassalage to Babylon would be the eleventh year of Jehoiakim’s entire reign…

…w64 10/15 pp. 636-637

He ruled for 3-11 years from 628 to 618 BCE you know. That's 10 years. They call it about 11.

Have you heard this talk on spiritual unity?

Now brothers, let's make sure we all remain united and if there's something we don't agree on... well we need to remain united, united behind this massive great big pile of garbage. That's called humility. Being lowly like garbage. And if you don't feel like garbage, make sure you attend the meetings regularly so we can change that for you. Nothing is too much trouble.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why is it when you evaluate and examine religion with facts, data, logic and rational thought they fall apart rapidly, looking falsely contrived ?

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

What does it for me is the words of Carl of Jonsson in his books gentile times reconsidered. His words below..........

The simple truth is that--------------- as it relates to connecting with our Christian era reckoning------------------ without secular sources there is no Bible chronology no datings of biblical events in terms of YEARS--------B.C.E or C.E or A.D

Mr Olof continued.............

For instance when some witnesses point to the fact that modern historians date fall of Babylon to 539 B.C.E and then claim that "the chronology of the Bible is in agreement with this dates" they show they have not really understood what the relative nature of BIBLICAL CHRONOLOGY actually implies. For more page 75 of the book GTR

In summary he is trying to tell us there is nothing like DATE BEGINS 01/01/607 B.C.E and DATE ENDS 10/10/537 B.C.E in the Bible.

The highest we can get is just like its mentioned in

Daniel 1:1In the third year of the kingship of Jehoiakim the king of Judah, Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon came to Jerusalem and proceeded to lay siege to it.” (Dan. 1:1)

We also have similar stuff like in the 25th year, in the 40th year in the 20th year.

The year in particular what is it? The Bible itself did not DISCLOSE any given DATE like this maybe 607B.C.E maybe 1207B.C.E maybe 107 B.C.E. Even the case of Israel's EXILE in EGYPT we only know that after +/- 400 years they were freed. YEAR/DATE in particular the exile BEGINS not recorded, the YEAR/DATE exile ENDS not RECORDED in the BIBLE.

I think its fitting that Jesus said in Acts 1: 7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

That these men leading the ORGANIZATION who say have no INSPIRATION fix dates and tagged it GOD'S OWN DATES and TIMES says more about the kind of men they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit