''Special Letter'' to be Read In Canada Week of Feb 3,2019

by Beth Sarim 85 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

fake news?

• waton
    waton
    Those living on the West Coast, Hawaii or Alaska will get extra time.RaD

Dont be too sure. Jworg had at the beginning the Earth turning the wrong way, and of course, WBRS inc, being bible based, can gave the rotation stopped and reversed as in the good old times. (as a story, in print anyway)

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Meeting last night in Canada - no letter read -- had my mike ready to tape but nothing

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I don't know if anybody has watched the latest Mike and Kim video yet. But it was just Kim this time. She relates how there have been instructions given to the congregations about this years lapel badges for the conventions.

She explains how they are putting a 'code' on the lapel cards, much like that 'code' on the publications. She mentions how all delegates attending the conventions will be watched like an eagle, and watched if they are 'not' wearing the lapel card with the 'code'. She talks about how the conventions and meetings being crashed in recent memory and how this is triggering a crackdown per se, when it comes to larger events like assemblies and conventions with more attendants than attendees.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Sorry but I'm not buying the whole watching if you don't have a lapel card. There definitely is an increase in attendants but saying there are more attendants than attendees is complete hyperbole. I find it a little weird that they open the doors for you in the morning and greet most people walking in but it's pretty easy to simile and return a greeting. And, I would imagine they are doing that to see if someone is acting suspiciously. Keep in mind that for RCs, there is a campaign to invite the public. Now, I can't recall a time seeing someone from the public actually come in from an invitation but I guess it's happened. So, it's really hard to say you have to have a badge then turn around and invite the public.

The only time I EVER wore a badge was when I had an assignment and was forced to. Never once have I had anyone say anything to me. Of course, I looked like I belonged in terms of dress, having a bag, etc. But still.....

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

She explains how they are putting a 'code' on the lapel cards, much like that 'code' on the publications.

Metal detection screening and a cavity search will be next.

Of course, sisters will not be "qualified" to be involved in these "privileges."

Rub a Dub

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Last night they said a letter will be read on the mid-week meeting next week, during the Local Needs part.

The COBE said that everyone needs to bring their Organization books or have their electronic version available for that meeting. It has something to do with a change that is coming that effects the congregations.

I'm guessing they want us to edit some content in the Organization book for future reference. They had an emergency Elders meeting after the program was over. I knew the meeting was unexpected because one of them I was talking to at the end didn't know about it ahead of time.

I wonder what the change will be?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Codes on lapel badges. I can't help it.

Badges? We don't need badges. I don't have to show them any stinking badges.

Seriously, they invite the public to these events. You don't need a badge and you aren't crashing when there's a public invitation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It has something to do with a change that is coming that effects the congregations.

HOW EXCITING!

A BIG CHANGE IS COMING!

WOW!

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

This crap has been going on for years. I can remember in th e70s driving 100 miles to a ST that we were all sure was going to tell us to hide out as the end is going to start. It was always some lame ass BS about staying strong to the end or the like. It will be for sure BS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit