''Special Letter'' to be Read In Canada Week of Feb 3,2019

by Beth Sarim 85 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I have just been informed that there is a 'Special Letter' to be read at the meetings week of Feb 3,2019 in Canada. Anybody heard of this!! Just a heads-up! Kool-Aid maybe.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Honestly, they say special this and special that all the time, and it's (almost) always the same old thing, the kingdom's close, the work's expanding, the chariot's on the move. Don't hold your breathe.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

This rings a bell was it the 1970`s ? when "Special brochures" were to be distributed D2D a different one every month or so and we weren`t to waste time talking to people just to get to as many homes as possible in the time we were out in the service.

Speculation was rife among the R&F that their were going to be seven and the last one was to be a hard hitting "hailstones" like message that would bring on the great tribulation .

Comparison was made about marching around jericho and the seven trumpets bringing down the walls .

Of course nothing of the sort happened , it was a big let down.

Anybody remember that time ?

• zeb
    zeb

yes i do.

I recall straight after a 4 day convention there was another one day special talk.. Why this could not have been included into the convention just shows sheer disregard for families already long way from home and tired short of clothes etc. (but when did the gb ever give a s*** for families..)

I suffered a number of these ..special.. talks over the years and they were the same old thing different speaker..

and this is interesting "like message that would bring on the great tribulation." (Smidy 3) I feared for a long time that the gb if ever put under sufficient pressure on the 'home-front' would invoke the wrath of the govts. Thus bringing about the very persecution that they the gb have longed for but it wont be on them but the r&f.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

zeb ,something like what the GB are doing with Russia now ? Provoke the Russian Govt. to act against the interests of the WTB&TS and then claim religious persecution ?

So the G.B. can keep the scam going to the rest of the world of Jehovah`s Witnesses that the Great tribulation and Armageddon are just around the corner ,yet again.

Keep the treadmill going , and keep the carrot dangling in front of the donkey .

• zeb
    zeb

Spot on Smiddy3, spot on. It is a dirty trick used by authorities down the centuries when they have buggered up their home situation to pick a fight with a neighbor.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Dear Canada:

Prepare for the mergers, consolidations, and Fire Sale!!

Agape,

Your Governing Body OverLords

PS: Send more $$$!!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Dear Brothers,

The GB is pleased to inform you that starting soooooon all new literature carts ( the carts we use to do nothing) will be equipped with hand warmers and coffee mug warmers. This new feature will enable our fine brothers and sisters to be able to stand (and do nothing) for a much longer period of time during the cold weather months. We are sure that we have Jehovah's backing on this new improvement cause he told us so as hi fast moving chariot passed over Warwick last month!

May Jehovah bless each and everyone for continuing to do nothing but at least remaining warmer while doing so.

Your "Special" Brothers

The governing body

just saying!

• sir82
    sir82

LOL - in WT-world, "special" is defined as "The same - I mean, literally, identically, the same - crap we've been spewing for the past 100 years".

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I think that it will be announced that whenever you wear the JW Org button that you can count your time because of the tremendous impact the blue and white button has on people who see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit