Judge sanctions WTS - $4k per day penalty for not producing sex abuse documents

by Simon 221 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jws
    jws

Didn't read all 11 pages, so forgive me if this is repeated.

Man! What have the congregations got to think. Donating and donating, and sometimes there's very little to kick-up to the society. Some are probably thinking that's a year or more's donations just to pay for one day of stalling. Kind of makes their donations feel worthless.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

Vidiot, I wonder about this a lot. Of course your points make sense...it looks like they've dug themselves a deeper hole than they'll be able to get out of. They would have been much smarter to just clean house and get rid of all the pedophiles...but I suppose they think it's too late for that...

wl9

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Worldling9 - "They would have been much smarter to just clean house and get rid of all the pedophiles..."

I suspect there wouldn't have been enough "qualified brothers" to handle the day-to-day operations of the individual congregations, and the Org would have been in real trouble (never underestimate how badly the WT hierarchy needs the rank-and-file).

And after the apostate witch-hunts of the early-80s, nothing, and I mean nothing could be permitted that might cast doubt on the assertion that the WTS was "God's Earthly Organization".

BTW, Ted Jaracz was reportedly one of the strongest holdouts supporting the 2-witness rule being used to silence JWs who alleged that they or their kids had been abused by other JWs. If there's an afterlife, that bastard deserves to rot forever in his own dedicated cell in Tartarus.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

DD,

I wont pile on because you have basically already been responded to. Your assumption that anything i know is beih witheld and doing damage to potential victims is unwelcome however. Im sure you understand why. I wish i knew anything that important!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Worldling9 - "They would have been much smarter to just clean house and get rid of all the pedophiles..."

And just think about how much control you could have over someone if you held the dirt on them. Heh...you could get someone to do almost anything if you were holding onto shit like that...the secrets you could force them to keep

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWDaughter - "...There cannot be enough JW lawyers to keep up with all the lawsuits that the WT faces, especially nowadays..."

Not to mention that the vast majority of JW "volunteers" have the comprehension skills of a f**king 10-year-old.

When you literally spend decades demonizing education, you reap the consequences.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Scenicviewer - "Watchtower hired a firm that specializes is appeals cases..."

So, they've employed one aspect of "Satan's World" to defend them against another aspect of "Satan's World"...

That's some next-level irony.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWDaughter - "...they use outside consultants...they use outside contractors...they are outsourcing the printing..."

At this rate, they'll be outsourcing the door-to-door ministry before too long. :smirk:

• flipper
    flipper

" They would have been much smarter to just clean house and get rid of the pedophiles."

Yeah, I agree with you, too late for that. If WT leaders had tried to get rid of the pedophiles- then they would have had to get rid of themselves. Jaracz, Greenlees, Chitty just to name several WT leaders who were - allegedly- pedophiles - the problem starts at the top of this WT organization - thus the lack of action trying to rid itself of child molesters.

If we wrap our minds around the fact that Ted Jaracz was the MAIN voice against the child abuse articles being printed in the early 1990's Awake magazine- he and Lloyd Barry actually fought verbally over whether those articles should be printed - naturally Lloyd Barry another GB member prevailed and got those articles printed- but not without Ted Jaracz throwing a shit fit first. And WHY do you suppose Jaracz threw a shit fit ? I'll let you figure it out. It's just absolutely a criminal organization from the top down. The sooner everybody gets that in their heads - the sooner the illusion of WT leaders superiority will disappear into the wind

• life is to short
    life is to short

Spot on Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit