Judge sanctions WTS - $4k per day penalty for not producing sex abuse documents

by Simon 221 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Landy
    Landy
    heir name is at stake along with all the counter lawsuits that the Watchtower is now you can be sure hitting them with.

What are you talking about? Why would the WTS be hitting the law firm with lawsuits for putting an advert in the paper?

If the advert brings forward any likely cases then the company msy consider putting a case together to sue the WTS, either as individual cases or a class action.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Simiddy just did a great thread on this very subject of debating ones like you and RO, you can't, win those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still.

Good day to you and Richard, enjoy your tea together.

LITS

• flipper
    flipper

LITS is far from nuts. Maybe her courage makes people nervous.

That's ok. She gets stuff done.

Mrs. Flipper

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think the WT holding on to money while impoverishing the CCJW is nefarious. I hope the courts end that shell game.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Richard Oliver - "Watchtower says that they have no control over CCJW and that they cannot compel CCJW to turn over any documents."

I know what these guys would say...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Landy - "... any case that tries to show the WTS has been guilty of enabling or being complicit in any child abuse is going to be very difficult to prove..."

Oh, I dunno...

...it wasn't a court case, but the Aussie Royal Commission did their homework and managed all right.

Even caught WT reps lying.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Richard Oliver, the watchtower has already explained how they, in fact, had control over another organization such as the Congregation of Manolo Park. When the elders of that congregation did not listen to their orders, they disfellowshiped them all.

So, who, in the CCJW organization will they disfellowship? To say that they don't have any authority on that organization and its members is absolute insanity.

If, somehow, they manage to get away from this on a legal basis, everyone knows that it will be done based on their complicated organizational structure precisely meant to place them above the law.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

First of all the ARC is not a court because it does not have the same due process of a court, no defense, cross examination of witnesses or evidence being presented by the defense. The witnesses are put under oath and lying does carry the pains and penalty of perjury.

Second, it is that Watchtower says that they don't have control over CCJW or of congregations in the US since 2001. It is important that this is their argument. But that argument has worked in another state in a different type of tort case over a wrongful death lawsuit over a slip and fall.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    RO:...it does not have the same due process of a court, no defense, cross examination of witnesses or evidence being presented by the defense

By presenting the statement as you have, Richard, you are deliberately trying to present the WTS as being placed at an unfair disadvantage by not being able to prepare a defense.

The WTS was given lots of opportunity to submit a defense and explanation for their position. The ARC website has submissions from the WTS where they attempted to present evidence for their side of the case.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

No orphan crow. I only said that because someone called the ARC a court. It is not a court. It is a clarification statement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit