Judge sanctions WTS - $4k per day penalty for not producing sex abuse documents

by Simon 221 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Don't hold back Flipper. Tell us what you really think ;)

Eden

• undercover
    undercover

Today's the day that a conference is supposed to be held to see 'whether the monetary sanctions have been effective'.

It's mid morning on the US west coast. If anyone hears the results of any actions today, please post let u know.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

undercover - "Today's the day that a conference is supposed to be held to see 'whether the monetary sanctions have been effective'...".

A formality at this point, I bet.

No way the Org's gonna cave this early in the game... to paraphrase a well-known cinematic scientist, "the consequences would be disastrous!"

BTW, the running tab should be up past 100K by now (your donation dollars at work).

Cha-ching! :smirk:

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Please if anyone knows keep us posted this is a critical case.

• sir82
    sir82

Lurkers,

In case you ever wondered how your "worldwide work donations" are being spent....now you know!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Marked. Awaiting an update.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Another $4,000 gone to day,on another post they tell you that in the uk a court in leicester have fined the jws over £1 million pounds for court costs in a child abuse case.We are working our way through the money from the family silver arnt we

• Saename
    Saename

I'm so glad that the pressure from my non-Jehovah's Witness family stopped me from donating money to the organisation, even though I felt immense guilt because of the study articles and books that continually encouraged me and the rest of the congregation to donate. I always felt that my money could be spent otherwise, such as on education or entertainment...

• Landy
    Landy
    Another $4,000 gone to day,on another post they tell you that in the uk a court in leicester have fined the jws over £1 million pounds for court costs in a child abuse case.We are working our way through the money from the family silver arnt we

They haven't been fined. The other side have been awarded costs which could be estimated at around a million.

• flipper
    flipper
    I feel that exposing the WT Society's faulty and criminal policies about child abuse to the public and current JW's is of the utmost importance - especially in conjunction with the WT Society downsizing, selling off kingdom halls, booting people out of worldwide Bethels, and stopping all worldwide construction of kingdom halls, etc. This in and of itself should tell anybody that something is " rotten in Denmark "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit