Judge sanctions WTS - $4k per day penalty for not producing sex abuse documents

by Simon 221 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

They still think that in this - unwillingness to follow court orders - they are obeying God more than men.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    TheWonderYou: They still think that in this - unwillingness to follow court orders - they are obeying God more than men.

But...but...whatever happened to "pay unto Caesar" and all that shit?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1) Can we get a thread with a counter of some sort, one that keeps track of how much contributed money the WTBTS is spending to protect pedophiles?

2) In the link that Terry shared, the WTBTS's argument was that it did not control the CCJW. ( Christian Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses ) WTF??? Please, send that to Angus Stewart!!!

3) I'm going to have to call BS about the outside legal firms and the WTBTS. Names cannot be revealed? BS.... If it's true, then the information should be shared with every Dub we see.

DD

• oppostate
    oppostate

One thing I'm noticing is that the courts aren't buying the WT's tactics of trying to legally separate the hierarchy from the corporations.

The CCJW "is" the WTB&TS in drag. In fact, the WTB&TS has many and sundry incorporated dresses it likes to wear.

From Australian courts the WT's defense of the Governing Body not being a legally identifiable "body" didn't seem to fly once the Australian Royal Commission started asking questions.

Loesch's refusal to testify, saying the WT has no control over him and he has no control of the WT isn't flying well this time either. I'd love to see him be subpoena'ed and forced to appear, the lying filthy-lucre-loving hypocrite!

Fining the WT $4k per day hits them hard where it hurts. They hate paying out money, as their main emphasis has been trying to rake in as much of it as they can. But they're bleeding money fast!

I applaud the plaintiffs determined fight to get justice and the judge's sharp vision in seeing through the pall of fog and lies of the WT.

• Splash
    Splash

Could it be that Leo Greenlees or Ewart Chitty (both ex-GB members) are on that list?

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

The restructuring of the Watch Tower organization always screamed : We are playing a game of Cover Your Ass.

The cut-outs are transparent to courts because criminals so often utilize the same shady strategies.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@Terry,

You forgot 'other' before 'criminals'.

• Wayward
    Wayward

It's not just the JWs. The Catholic Church isn't finding a lot of love from courts these days when it comes to child rape cases. Society in general is far more aware than when I was growing up and a lot less likely to ignore abuse when it becomes known. The JWs should pay attention to what's been happening to its old archenemy and learn from it. You make no friends in the courts or on the streets when you try to deny, cover up, and protect child rapists.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Wayward: The JWs should pay attention to what's been happening to its old archenemy and learn from it.

They tried.

At the Australian Royal Commission, they paid Monica Applewhite, the Catholic 'expert', to defend their policy of protecting child abusers.

She got to read the secret elders manual that women aren't even supposed to touch.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

@Splash

Could it be that Leo Greenlees or Ewart Chitty (both ex-GB members) are on that list?

And those current & former members who helped cover it up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit