Judge sanctions WTS - $4k per day penalty for not producing sex abuse documents

by Simon 221 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• smiddy
    smiddy

Maybe a campaign of some sorts , showing that the organization is hypocritical of being law abiding ,

Not being in subjection to the superior authorities , Rom 13 : 1 -5

Giving back caesar`s things to caesar .( except , when it`s not in their interest to do so).

Being hailed before the courts to give a witness and then failing to do so .

smiddy

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

A copy of that article should be sticked next to every kingdom hall contribution box.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Good news! Unfortunately most dubs will never hear about this....

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

👍👏👏👏👏🍻🍾

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

BTW if I recall correctly this is only the first level of multiple levels of enforcing WT to comply with court orders.

From the top of my head:

[edit]
    I may be confusing multiple court cases. Can anyone confirm or deny what I wrote below?
    [/edit]

1. Court orders WT to produce documents
    2. WT refuses
    3. Court puts a $13.5 million punishment on WT
    4. WT appeals
    5. Appeal court agrees with lower court that WT should produce documents, but rules that first lower level instruments should be used to make WT comply with the court order
    6. Case is referred back to lower court
    7. Lower court uses first level instrument to make WT comply: a $4k per day punishment.

So, if WT continues to refuse to listen to and obey the court, they will not be blessed. More punishment will be coming their way...

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I'm not even going to bother showing this to my jdub relatives.
  • cofty
    cofty

I agree with Anders, no court is going tolerate ongoing contempt for long. Sanctions will escalate.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It needs to be much much higher to hurt.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Obviously child abuse has been going on for millennia but 'recently' various legislation around the world has been enacted for their protection. The Children Act in the UK in1989 being one of them. This was less than thirty years ago and change is slow. There was the battle with defence lawyers citing false memory syndrome. Then the stress of law courts appearances until children were allowed to stay away from court and video their testimony.

We are now seeing an escalation of child abuse court cases globally with one after another celebrity being charged in the UK alone. I don't think the WTS realise how things have changed and there is no longer a climate to tolerate the rape of childre. They are always years behind the times and they are programmed to dismiss things as happening in 'the world' and not affecting them. I think they are in for a shock.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I wonder how any lawyer representing the JWs now can stomach it. In the old days when they were fighting for free speech and freedom of religion and winning many of their lawsuits, it was a good cause, or at least I'm sure they thought of it that way. But now? It's positively shameful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit