Pro Gun Florida mom shot by 4 year old son

by Witness 007 94 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

She's been raised in a cult....the cult of the gun. Will this lead to some cognitive dissonance for those in the cult? We can only hope.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

Holy crap I had to like @CappyTan's post.

Sometimes I think ppl think guns spontaneously combust or something. Show me an accidental shooting and I'll show you an irresponsible person. Period end of story.

• Simon
    Simon

There is a contradiction between guns being a protection and guns being safe. The only way a gun can be a protection is if it is, by definition, unsafe - if it's loaded, to hand and ready to shoot.

That also makes it unsafe (du-huh - but yeah, some people don't get that part). So unless you are walking round gun-drawn, purlease ... stop with the make believe that it's going to protect you.

BAM

That's the sound of a bullet hitting you. You don't even know you were going to be shot. It's a fantasy that you are going to defend yourself against a bullet.

There is no such thing as "safe and responsible gun ownership" in the context of "I need to protect myself". There are only accidents waiting to happen or Walter-Mitty heroes waiting to fail.

Sorry to break it to you but Clint Eastwood characters in movies were just characters.

Now lets get ready for the flowchart response "criminals will still get guns".

Yawn. Let's abolish ALL laws because people who don't obey laws don't obey laws.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Her website says "My right to protect my child with my gun trumps your fear of my gun..."

She flagged down a sheriff who saw her driving irratically and is ok and will recover... luckly her son was not such a good shot and missed her vital organs! My fear of "her" guns has gone up a level.

• Simon
    Simon

It's not fear of her guns, it's people RIGHT TO LIVE

That should trump her comical BS right to arm her toddler to blow her own brains out (good luck finding those, that's a small target to hit)

• sir82
    sir82
    The only way to stop a bad toddler with a gun....is with a good toddler with a gun.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Simon sorry brother you are categorically wrong. Years ago some guys tried to break into my house. I chambered the weapon they heard it and they were gone.

Perhaps you think chambering my super soaker would have had the same effect. I disagree.

Obviously ribbing you a bit but in all seriousness when used responsibly it can absolutely protect you. That said and I'll readily admit many have no clue what they're doing. Most choose the wrong weapon for home defense for example. A pistol is the worst thing. Get a light 20 gauge shotgun and teach the wife. She'll be able to handle that. Too many get pistols without any training and can't hit the broadside of a barn in a hostile situation.

Again though when used by intelligent, responsible people they can absolutely save your life and in fact did mine.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    For you anti-gun types if it goes all Zombie Apocalypse don't come running to me for help LOL. Remember you don't like guns ha ha.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Years ago some guys tried to break into my house. I chambered the weapon they heard it and they were gone.

Sorry, that is BS - it's sound like something right out of a movie, some made up story you tell your mates down the pub, not real life.

The reality is that countries with gun control are safer.

Sorry, personal "anecdotes" don't trump actual hard stats.

It's like climate control - the argument has already been won, done and dusted. The only question is how long it will take certain groups to get with the program and accept the overwhelming evidence and whether some will ever accept the truth.

But I am looking forward to the zombie apocalypse. Or as the rest of the world calls it ... Trump Presidency.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

There is no end to their stupidity.

And that's not only an isolated case. Last year a 2 year old in the US shot his mum and she was dead.

Yes, arm everyone and you are perfectly safe against terrorists or burglars...

... but shot by curious toddlers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit