Pro Gun Florida mom shot by 4 year old son

by Witness 007 94 Replies latest jw experiences

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

That's interesting. Usually the pro-gun lobby aren't approving of drug legalization.

Might be an inconsistency there.

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411
    GrreatTeacher you might be surprised. I know I'm going to get attacked for saying this but my hubby is a NRA member and I support gun rights in the USA. I believe the 2nd protects the 1st. With that said, I openly support drug legalization, the right to pro choice abortion so long as it is not government funded, and gay rights. And I believe in dismantling the school to prison industrial complex that funds for profit prisons. I posted my beliefs before but I'm sure it has gone unnoticed here in the barrage of junk.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Come to my city and it will make you a believer real fast why you need a gun. Believe that.

I do. I also believe that you may be confusing cause and effect. The reason you need guns is because so many guns are allowed.

Come to my city and it will make you a believer that real safety is *not* having everyone armed. Believe that.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    That's interesting. Usually the pro-gun lobby aren't approving of drug legalization.
    Might be an inconsistency there.

How is that inconsistent? That's like saying a Mexican that doesn't like beans is being inconsistent.

Stop pigeonholing people.

• Simon
    Simon

I see some are still trotting out the "criminals get guns so why have laws" crazy-party line.

Guess what. People steal cars even when you make it illegal - do you think if it was legalized there would be more or less chance of your car being there tomorrow morning?

Sheer idiotic nonsense.

We make laws all the time knowing that some people will break some of them. It's not a valid argument against having the laws.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Redvip, I would say to you that gun culture is different throughout the US, as well. I live in Maryland where handguns just are not a big part of the culture. The only open carry I've seen is on law enforcement and it's really difficult to get a concealed carry permit. And I like it that way.

Sometimes I feel like we are talking about 2 different countries when I hear the vehement differences in opinion over firearms. But, there's not, there's two different gun cultures.

I don't come from an area where there is a strong gun culture (other than for hunting) and other parts of the US have a strong gun-culture.

Sometimes I think that itself is a reason for such heated opinions on both sides.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

You can't blame guns, they are not the problem. It's the crazy people that own the guns that are the problem.

Now we just need a way to control 50 million crazy people who have guns.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Juan, I didn't make the comparison between gun laws and drug laws.

Hadriel did.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Harvard, we agree on some things, others we don't.

I don't believe that the 2nd amendment gives carte blanche for anyone to own any weapon.

The purpose was to establish a well-regulated militia, emphasis on well-regulated.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Redvip, I would say to you that gun culture is different throughout the US, as well. I live in Maryland where handguns just are not a big part of the culture. The only open carry I've seen is on law enforcement and it's really difficult to get a concealed carry permit. And I like it that way.

I like it that way too - each state should have discretion on what makes sense for them, and they do. Also i'm certainly not advocating for people to walk around with guns strapped to their side. My point is that in an age where you hear an increasing amount of reports about home invasions and break-ins, it's important that folks should have a way to defend themselves, especially at home. I do think carrying in public should be very restricted as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit