Pro Gun Florida mom shot by 4 year old son

by Witness 007 94 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Another option is to disarm the whole country and make it a capital offense to to own a gun same as they did in counties like Cuba and Haiti and only the army is allowed to have guns. That works great too but it depends on what you want to accomplish. It dont think it will ever happen because guns are big business (ATF) Alcohol, Tobaco and Firearms taxes... But as long as guns are available for some and not others and criminals can get their hands on guns as they always have a person is a sitting duck in his house if somene breaks in.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Your point is weak. France still has nothing like the gun deaths as the US has.

Well, hell that isn't surprising.............France isn't even the size of Texas, let alone the entire US.

And France was probably my poor choice to make a comparison on self-defense. I likely could have found an example of someone better with using weapons vs white flags during the past two world wars.

Case in point:

An elderly American absentmindedly arrived at French immigration at Charles de Gaulle airport, Paris and fumbled for his passport.

'You have been to France before Monsieur?' the official asked in an aggressive tone.

The old gent smiled and admitted that he had been to France before.

'In that case you should know enough to have your passport ready for inspection,' barked the bad-tempered officer.

Harvey gently informed the man that the last time he came to France he did not have to show his passport or any other documents.

'Pas possible, old man. You Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in 'la belle France.'

Giving the Frenchman a long hard look, he stated: "I assure you, young man, that when I came ashore on Omaha Beach in Normandy on D-Day in 1944, there was no damned Frenchman on the beach asking for passports."

Doc

[Just having fun. Gun Control is just one of those subjects where one has to agree to disagree.]

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

It shouldn't be missed @TheGirlNextDoor had some epic posts in this thread. The only thing that would have made them better would have been for her to end them all with:

"Suck It!" LOL

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H
    It was interesting to note the gun was on the floor of the truck. If that truck was stolen... that's another gun in the hands of the criminals you bought the gun to protect yourself against.
  • besty
  • jhine
    jhine

I cannot believe all the dislikes . Do people really think that it is alright for someone to have a loaded gun in a vehicle where a child had access to it and a criminal could steal it .

Jan

• Simon
    Simon
    Conservative Republicans are all for gun ownership which we all know leads to the death of innocent children but they are dead set against killing a sack of cells in the womb.

Very good observation. They are way more pro gun than pro life.

BTW: The kind of "bow down and worship us Frenchy" arrogant and ignorant comments on this topic are why lots of people around the world dislike Americans and think they have a bad attitude. America didn't "save the world" in WWII - they saved themselves along with everybody else.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

All retoric and no real plan. When it comes to the US, the argument to restrict guns across the board is as nonsensical as saying that everybody should have guns.

Give me a magic button that takes all guns from everybody in this country and i'll press it, then we'll start fresh and we can think about doing what France does, but we are not France.

If tomorrow there was a law that required all citizens to hand in their guns, the folks that actually give a sh*t about laws will do it, and nobody else.

So let's level the playing field, take a couple of million guns and put the in the hands of everybody in France that is a criminal and/or doesn't give a sh*t about the law, and keep them out of law abiding citizens. We can then evaluate how safer they are in 10 years.

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane
    America didn't "save the world" in WWII - they saved themselves along with everybody else.

Uhh..yeah. We only spent $13 billion USD to help rebuild post-war Europe through something called the Marshall Plan.

To be fair, the Russians did put up one helluva good fight against the Nazis. Major losses at Stalingrad.

But, to say the US was somehow just 'in it for ourselves' is just bullshit. We very reluctantly got involved in the first place.

• littlerockguy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit