Pro Gun Florida mom shot by 4 year old son

by Witness 007 94 Replies latest jw experiences

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    The purpose was to establish a well-regulated militia, emphasis on well-regulated.

Really? Is "well-regulated" bolded or underlined on the document?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Redvip, I gave you a like for acknowledging my concerns while sharing yours.

I hear your fears about home invasions, and while I'm not sure handgun ownership is the answer, I respect your opinion.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Juan, I'm just pointing out the inconsistency between calling for fewer gun regulations because of the 2nd amendment when it calls for a well-regulated militia.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    I have a 20 gauge shotgun. First shell is target load. Second shell buck shot. Next four shells are slugs.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

Today's news 5 shot dead at Pitsburg backyard party by two gunmen. Many others injured.

In Australia 1995 mass shooting by mentally ill man at Port Arthur 35 dead. Our government cracked down on gun control and people handed in illegal guns for cash and no legal charges. We had many mass shootings till then. But none since 1995.

• baker
    baker

Eagles of Death Medal Singer cries about no one with a gun in his audience,

realityhttp://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2016/feb/16/eagles-death-metal-singer-jesse-hughes-guns-video

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Juandefiero btw I have noticed...all good.

@GreatTeacher c'mon now I'm not advocating drugs. That's not a fair assessment of my comment. What my point is here is that regulating things doesn't always have the effect you expect. Drugs are a prime example of that. Things just got bloodier.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Hadriel, sorry if I misunderstood. I never thought you were advocating drugs. I took your comment as being pro drug decriminalization.

I actually think there's some evidence that that might be a good thing, to take drug enforcement money and shift it to treatment.

I apologize if I misconstrued your comparison.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@GreatTeacher apology accepted and wasn't upset anyway btw. Text doesn't convey the emotion behind it at times and it leaves a lot out so it is easy to arrive at a different place no harm no foul.

...and ur right as to shifting revenue.

• Simon
    Simon
    Aggressive, divisive rhetoric like yours, Simon's and others is why the NRA still has the power they do.

Nope, it's money. Gun manufacturers make lots of it.

And the time for proper discussion is long gone. The gun lobby has never wanted to have proper discussion about the issues and instead trot out the same worn out arguments, false claims and misdirection just like the tobacco lobby did before them and the climate change deniers.

The fault is not on "our" side.

What is needed is the trample-over-everyone-to-get-your-way approach of the right. Appoint liberal supreme court justices and then tell everyone that Scalia was a moron and of course "well regulated militia" doesn't include 4 year olds, primary school kids and teachers and that a gun is not a right. You'll meed insurance and it will cost you if you want to have one and don't keep it safe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit