Pro Gun Florida mom shot by 4 year old son

by Witness 007 94 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon

The idiocy of the guns-as-protection argument broken down:

Somewhere, in a head above a red neck and a very small penis, two brain cells rattling in a void finally meet each other for the first time. "Hey, I just gone had myself a thought, what if someone came in and started shooting at me? I need to protect myself - I need a gun!".

[buys gun]

"That's better, now I have a gun I must surely be safe".

Except now instead of the remote chance that someone will come in with a gun, the odds of it happening have increased exponentially. The people already come in with guns!

"Oh shoot"

[bang, bang, bang]

Not having guns so freely available is more of a protection than having a gun. In a civilized country.

But heck, if I had to live in America I'd have a rocket launcher strapped to my back and scythes sticking out of my wheel rims! :D

• baker
    baker

guess you refuse to listen to "Eagles of Death Metal" singer who was in the line of fire...google it or keep hiding ..

• baker
    baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZrctLnsF4M

This group said that as long as anybody had guns everyone should have guns.... they should know they were shot at in Paris

• talesin
    talesin
    This group said that as long as anybody had guns everyone should have guns..

You forgot to add that he also said "Until NOBODY has guns".........

I wasn't going to comment, but since you seem intent on pushing the point ... the man is obviously severely traumatized and can hardly speak without breaking down. I have to wonder if he is still in shock. Those are the words of a fresh victim, and emotionally charged.

You've really shown a good point - the gun lobby plays on people's fears, in addition to the usual "we're AMERICAN and it's in our Constitution!" Whoop-tee-doo. You live by a 250 YO statement about how the citizenry may need to have a militia in case the government is ruling by tyranny and must be stopped.

Uh, hello! Anyone who DOES stockpile weapons, and wants overthrow the government is considered a domestic terrorist - the American people have no power. You think a handgun will prevent government takeover of anything? ahahahaha! Sheeple.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The reality is that countries with gun control are safer.

Are you referring to France?

I heard there was a recent concert in Paris that was a real blast!

Doc

• talesin
    talesin
    The reality is that countries with gun control are safer.
    Doc

Well, that was a low blow. I heard there was a blast in 2001 that rocked the world. And all those gun-toting Americans couldn't stop it.

When did this become about terrorists? I thought y'all wanted to defend yourselves in your own homes.

• Simon
    Simon

Your point is weak. France still has nothing like the gun deaths as the US has.

• Simon
    Simon

If we have to listen to people who have been in gun attacks try to justify guns, why is there always an outcry when people suggest listening to the families of the children killed in Sandy Hook or any number of other massacres?

Don't they have just as much right to give their opinion? How many of the families and friends of others who died think guns should be handed out like candy? No, you found the one misquote from one guy that you think gives you some sort of argument.

When the 9/11 hijackers broke the law and flew planes into buildings, was the solution to say "see, laws don't work, we should allow EVERYONE to fly planes and stop trying to restrict pilots with licensing and training".

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    But heck, if I had to live in America I'd have a rocket launcher strapped to my back and scythes sticking out of my wheel rims!

Welcome to Los Angeles.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Here is what I don't get. Conservative Republicans are all for gun ownership which we all know leads to the death of innocent children but they are dead set against killing a sack of cells in the womb.

--->ducks for cover<----

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit