Since Democrats Are All About the “Children” why does ABORTION Not Bother Them?

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

I just looked up the facts.

The current limit in the UK is 24 weeks.

According to studies between 2003 and 2005, 20 to 35 percent of babies born at 23 weeks of gestation survive, while 50 to 70 percent of babies born at 24 to 25 weeks, and more than 90 percent born at 26 to 27 weeks, survive.

Something doesn't seem right there.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I find abortion to be horrible.

I am Pro Life.

But what is done by a woman and her doctor is none of my business.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

I’m not debating if a woman can abort her child. But for those who refuse to accept that unborn babies exist, why would I care how horrified they are because a child is separated from their mother?

• JeffT
    JeffT

As with most "issues" these days I find myself living in the grey zone. I generally dislike abortion, but recognize that I'm not wise enough to demand people live by my standards.

Having said that, watching the "pro choice" camp manipulate the language is interesting. Start with "pro choice." The abortion crowd never says they are "pro abortion" it is always "pro choice." And those clusters of cells with different DNA from the mother are never "babies" (unless you're talking to somebody who isn't having an abortion) they are "fetuses" or "blobs of tissue." They even complain about others "humanizing" fetuses.

https://www.infowars.com/abortion-group-blasts-doritos-ad-for-humanizing-fetuses/

• minimus
    minimus

Jeff, you are correct

• Simon
    Simon

The left is very good at naming things and usually the names are the exact opposite of the thing and designed to make it hard to object to them because of the language:

Planned Parenthood - who could be against that? It all about unplanned parenthood of course

Affordable Care - who doesn't want some of that? Sadly, you can't afford it ...

Dreamers - everyone should live their dream, let's hope they don't become a nightmare.

Of course when they are arguing against things they don't like, then border centres become "Nazi Concentration Camps" and who can argue for those?

• Simon
    Simon

Personally, I think the abortion limits are too long and it's barbaric. There shouldn't be hard and absolute cutoffs for every case though because life doesn't fall into neat boxes. There needs to be some leeway for genuine medical reasons.

Overall though, promoting abortion as some fantastic things seems a bit sick. The opposition to it goes too far and people who are in genuine need and are perhaps victims end up caught in the cross-fire. I think if the rules were a bit more sensible and the promotion of it wasn't quite so religious, that the opposition to it wouldn't be as vehement.

i.e. abortion should really be for medical need and victims, not used as a general birth control after-the-fact because some dysfunctional couple broke up.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A woman I know had 10 abortions in her youth. When she settled down to have a family she had one premature baby that died after 20 days and a second premature girl who barely made it, weighing in at under three pounds. She is now sick with guilt. Honestly, those children born at that time would have been drug babies with shit lives. I don't hold it against her. She is a good mother now, over 49 years later. Call it what you want but it wasn't MY choice to make.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    The abortion crowd never says they are "pro abortion" it is always "pro choice."

Yes, we all know "the abortion crowd" goes around forcing pregnant women to have an abortion.
    They're trying to make laws forcing women to have at least one abortion in their lives.
    And they go around bombing fertility clinics because the "pro abortion crowd" just hates babies.
    They're not satisfied with women to have legal and safe opportunity to choose to have an abortion or not, they force them to have abortions because they're all 'pro-abortion'.

Jesus what utter bullshit.

I can agree with those who express their disagreement with one position or the other, while accepting that whatever a woman decides to do with her body is her personal business, not theirs or the government's.

But those who create straw men arguments by implying that the "pro-choice" crowd is actually "pro-abortion"...yeah I think that's quite dishonest.

To me the issue appears to be pro-choice vs anti-choice (wrt abortion).

Btw do the "pro-lifers/anti-choicers" actually rally to make the government support poor and struggling parents? Do they (in general) only value new life, or do they care about the quality of that life (and the lives of the parents and siblings) as well?

Anyway I never understood the USA model of polarizing everything. Pro-choice vs pro-life...pro-gun vs anti-gun....it seems to leave way too little middle ground for people who are not in any of the extremes and want to add and discuss caveats and grey areas.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Why does abortion not bother Democrats?

Well, because there is a tendency not to view the fetus as a living organism. Look at the language used - 'terminate the pregnancy.'

But all available data tell us it is a living organism.

It is connected to the mother's blood supply right from the start, so that it gets nourishment and has a way of getting rid of waste. The fetus DNA is distinct from that of the mother. As it grows, it changes position and kicks. The mother feels all this.

So, an abortion involves deliberately ending the life of the fetus; it involves killing the fetus.

As someone said, the fetus cannot vote and there's no guarantee it would grow up to vote Democrat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit