Since Democrats Are All About the “Children” why does ABORTION Not Bother Them?

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Steel
    Steel

I consider myself pro life and absolutely hate how the pro choice movement works to devalue human life.

But the reality is there are lots of desperate women in desperate situations and anything unborn child under 12 weeks, fetal pain and viability are not issues.

I guess that's kind of how we reason it. Still I don't like it.

• George One Time
    George One Time

Well, I see the same problem in JW's. They are all about love and caring for the children. However they believe in a book that justifies the killing of millions, including little (unborn) children (Read for example Numbers chapter 31)

• freemindfade
  • out4good4
    out4good4
    But, with regard to MINIMUS’s original post, I see where he’s coming from with regard to hypocrisy coming from the Dems.

LHG

Both sides are using both issues as political fodder to score points for their sides. It's not just a question of the hypocrisy coming from the Dems.

Please don't fall for this red herring tactic. What mim's doing is introducing another topic into the discussion to distract from the original since it is apparent that Trump has now soundly been rebuked not just by Dems, but also by a host of repubs, other first ladies, and even his wife.

• minimus
    minimus

I’m not trying to distract anything About Trump. Lol he’s always being rebuked! Who cares? He’s trying to do the right thing for the country’s security.

Regarding democrats, I very much still maintain that they say they’re all about the children and their lives but give not even two shits for the lives of unborn children. They are hypocritical!

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I don't think women should have abortions. Not even in cases of rape or incest.

I also don't think the state should be dictating what women can and can't do with there bodies.

I believe that a fetus should be granted basic human rights. But I also think the rights of the fetus DON'T supersede the rights of the mother.

So am I Pro-life? Or am I pro-choice?

I feel like I see both sides of the argument. But there's a profound difference between how I think other people ought to behave vs. what sort of behavior I think the State should mandate.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Coded-Logic: I also feel it depends on your definition of abortion. I don’t feel the same way about a Plan B pill as I do of an abortion at 20 weeks.

• out4good4
    out4good4

I don't like the idea of abortion. In fact I hate it.

But not so much that I feel that it is within my rights to tell a woman what to do with her own body. That decision, I suspect, is hard and personal enough to not to have angry old holier than thou bible thumpin men who have no problems stocking up on viagara and sneaking around their wives with hookers screaming in their ears.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Its funny how people who have a weak position on something turn to intellectual dishonesty to support a previous held position and try to impose they are related .

Pot, meet kettle....

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I don't think women should have abortions. Not even in cases of rape or incest.

I also don't think the state should be dictating what women can and can't do with there bodies.

I believe that a fetus should be granted basic human rights. But I also think the rights of the fetus DON'T supersede the rights of the mother.

So am I Pro-life? Or am I pro-choice?

I feel like I see both sides of the argument. But there's a profound difference between how I think other people oughtto behave vs. what sort of behavior I think the State should mandate.

Now this post, I completely agree with. Even in Libratarian camps, the line between the rights of the mother and the rights of the fetus is highly debated. One thing that I noticed, however, is that most people do believe there is a line. How thick is the line? That is very hard to agree upon. But there is a line that once crossed implies the baby is murdered if aborted.

I agree. State should stay out of it. Those on the right should not use the power of government to legislate their morality. Neither should the left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit