Since Democrats Are All About the “Children” why does ABORTION Not Bother Them?

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Untrue Simon on planned Parenthood. They do more work with prenatal care as will as birth control and counseling women on baby care, nutrition and nursing. Abortion for the most part is a small part of the services they give.

For myself I don't like abortion but I feel women have the right to decide for themselves. Men need to stop controlling what women can do with their bodies. So even though this post is about smearing denocrats this is how most of us feel one way or another on this issue. I just love how this site has become a liberal bashing place. Wake up people we are not right on everything and you righties are not right on everything. But it seems you really don't like us for our views on the world. Sounds like the old cult I used to belong to. Caring on. Still Totally ADD

• Simon
    Simon
    do the "pro-lifers/anti-choicers" actually rally to make the government support poor and struggling parents? Do they (in general) only value new life, or do they care about the quality of that life (and the lives of the parents and siblings) as well?

Most tend to have an outlook that values education, making good life choices, respecting the law etc... All things that can help prevent the need for abortion and show a general respect for life. Not sure people really hold rallies for things like that though.

I think educating people is a much better approach to fixing problems than right at the end of the pipeline with welfare and other emergency interventions. It's also cheaper in the long run but many don't like the "personal responsibility" aspect it entails.

• Simon
    Simon
    Untrue Simon on planned Parenthood. They do more work with prenatal care as will as birth control and counseling women on baby care, nutrition and nursing. Abortion for the most part is a small part of the services they give.

I don't think handing someone a pregnancy test is equivalent to giving someone an abortion. They do far too much of the latter and they don't do enough to protect vulnerable, trafficked girls. 1 in 8 of their patients have abortions, 300,000 abortions per year seems a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtgqxvaV-8U

They also take funding they are given and donate it to political campaigns which seems very wrong.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    I think educating people is a much better approach to fixing problems than right at the end of the pipeline with welfare and other emergency interventions.

I agree. If more "pro-lifers/anti-choicers" had the same idea, they could try to make sure their youth has proper sex ed (that goes beyond "don't have sex, God hates it"), knows about and has access to anti-conception, etc...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I remember watching a documentary a few years back about a program that was trialed in...in...I want to say India but I don't think it was. Anyway some country where people (especially rural) married young and just kept producing children until they couldn't anymore. They did so traditionally, their parents and grandparents would have lots of kids because infant mortality was so high.

Now, most children born there survived past five yrs and the couples ended up with too many kids to care for. So they trialed sending family education social type workers into the field to visit all the families and explain how if they had too many kids the quality of care and amount of resources for each child would drop as each child was born putting a lot of stress on the family as a whole. They provided free birth control and did follow up visits they were amazed at how the couples took the advice on board and the birthrate/average number of children dropped for that area in a couple of years.

It was very interesting to see what can be done with minimum effort and outlay for a simple amd effective education program.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I’m in favor of Plan B pills.

But anytime there’s a body that has to be taken out, it’s extremely disturbing to me.

I’m morally opposed to abortions after the point of where a Plan B pill won’t work.

But do I want the government legislating morals? Not really.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    What does the abortion issue have to do with the care and responsibility of nurturing living children ?

That is like saying, “What does the healthcare issue have to do with people getting medical care?”

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Starting to think you are a troll.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Starting to think you are a troll.

Who?

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

In the days of old babies were sacrified to Baal in the fiery furnace constructed in his form. We may wonder how anyone could in good concience kill their children in such a manner.

Today child sacrifice continues in a more socially acceptable fashion. But for the same reasons as in the days of old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit