To Those With Ears to Hear...

by AGuest 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Hey Shelby...

... look, our gods are going to have to sort this out; you say you speak to god etc., and, well, fine, but my god says you're either lying or speaking to a false god... she told me this whilst drinking a rather nice Merlot and watching the sun go down the other day. She was dictating Chapters 7 and 8 of her new book - I know you're decieved and use the Bible, which is just the too, of the Devil, you poor blinded thing, so I though I'd give you the benefit of the low-down from the high-up, as it were, before it gets serialised in Readers Digest.

Now, we could do the Elijah thing and see which god sets fire to the dead animals first, but that is SO Old Testament. How about, if you're god is real, suddenly all cases of cancer worldwode remit instanteneously? Much more useful. Of course, my god has told me that the time is not yet for it to prove itself other than in the usual way by makiing the sun come up, but I promise that I will prove my god is real as soon as yours attempts what must be, to god, an absolute cinch.

• cat1759
    cat1759

"It will, however, leave me with no choice but to see you as among those who "weep" and "gnash their teeth" when they are told the truth. And if that is your choice... remember it is YOUR choice, and thus, so be it."

Aguest each one of us has our own renditions of God, Jesus, the holy spirit. All of us have been through times of questioning our own beliefs. My belief is not the same as yours. I won't be worshipping any God. I don't really feel God has well thought out plans because in my opinion if he did, he would have known what was going to happen at the Garden of Eden.

Did you know that on the Tree of Life there are ten different Gods with YHWH being listed among them? YHWH is listed among ten other Gods. I don't limit myself to one teaching as I don't feel there is but one God who is over them all. NWT and, the NIV lists two trees, one was the tree of knowledge of good and bad and the other tree was the tree of life. Eve ate from the tree of knowledge. Able to know the difference between good and bad. Gen 2:8,9.

Your thread is very demanding that those who will listen and come to know Jesus and those that will gnash their teeth. My beliefs don't follow along with your beliefs but yet you made a judgement against my beliefs that I can only be saved by knowing your beliefs and accepting them. Maybe that is why alot of people here are upset because we all came from a society where we were fed one truth, one belief and if we strayed we were no longer acceptable. Yet you are doing the same thing and that really grates on a lot of nerves here.

You have to remember this is your truth. This is your reality. This was your dream. You shared your dream but it doesn't fit in our reality. We were not a part of your dream. We were not there to see the same things as you saw because we are all at different stages in our lives. This does not make your dream any less viable but it was in the context of where you are at in this life.

I personally wish Eve would have eaten from the tree of life first then ate from the tree of knowledge. We would have had the best of both worlds literally.

These are just my thoughts on this subject.

Cathy

• gumby
    gumby

cat,

I personally wish Eve would have eaten from the tree of life first then ate from the tree of knowledge. We would have had the best of both worlds literally.

There was NO tree, NO Eve, No Satan. Got it?

How about next step..... you look into that stupid little story. Why don't you see if you can find where that story came from? Did the pagans have a story just like that one.......only older? If they did......wouldn't it seem logical that the tent dwelling ,nomadic, gray bearded, bow legged, wine drinkin, womanizing, old bastards of the O.T. just copied the same bullshit?

Gumby

Hey.....I just noticed somthin. Cat is the privleged one to be the mighty gumbys 4000 post!

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace.

I read your post and wanted to respond to your comment that:

"[My] beliefs don't follow along with [your] beliefs but yet [you] made a judgement against [my] beliefs that [I] can only be saved by knowing [your] beliefs and accepting them..."

and say that you are in error. I have never said such a thing, here or anywhere else, because I do not believe such a thing. In fact, I have been chided elsewhere on this Board FOR disagreement with that very fact. You do not have to believe I single thing I believe... or say/write. Not at all. And I don't know how you even drew the conclusion that you do, other than what occurred with the people on the opposite side of the table... and it was not their "beliefs" that rendered them grotesque... but their hatred. Hate IS ugly, very, but unfortunately, it is usually well-hidden. Until something brings it out, and it usually has absolutely nothing to do with the one that is hated. This WTBTS and those THEY hate.

Folks are saved due to faith and love, as evidenced by their WORKS, shown in how they treat others. Did the Samaritan man believe what the Jew did? Not entirely. And supposedly the Jew is the one with the "law", yes? Yet, it was the Samaritan who was declared righteous, was it not, by means of his WORKS... when he looked after even his enemy.

DId Rahab worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? No, she did not. She was even under law, but instead was a practicing prostitute. And yet, she and her entire household were saved. Why? Because of the KIND ACT she did by hiding the Israelite spies, spies of a people who were going to destroy HER people. It that one act that saved her.

I think the only thing that gets my goat here, truly, is when folks say I believe this or that and have absolutely NO clue. When they take something and turn it into whatever it is they wish it to be, or perceived they "heard" it to be, when it is nothing of the sort. That is so ignorant that it makes me shake my head. It's like people who say, "The Catholics believe this and that," or "the Mormons believe this and that," or the JW's or Muslims, or whatever... and don't have a clue, because they've either read only one part of something or come in during the middle of something... and draw conclusions.

If you TRULY want to know what I believe... about God, Christ, holy spirit, the Bible, etc., all you need do is go back and read what I have posted here, for some years now. It is all there, for you and everyone else to read.

In addition, I must add that when I read Gumby's post to you... and thought of how it would make you feel... and my heart felt for you. Why? Because I know how you must feel, as truly, there is NO difference between what he said to you... and what YOU said to me. If, then, you have a problem with what I believe, I would ask YOU to first check what YOU believe, before you misstate what I have said, what I believe, or what I mean. Otherwise, you would might be styled a hypocrite... and hypocrisy... is as ugly... as hatred.

Again, I... bid you... peace.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Janis Joplin spoke with the Lord many times in person. He offered her a better car than the others and they were just as outraged.

• Mr. Kim
  • gumby
    gumby

Shelby,

there is NO difference between what he said to you... and what YOU said to me.

I don't think it was the same. I didn't direct what I disbelieve at cat.......but rather at the belief christians follow. I wasn't calling cat stupid or pagan......only that creation account with eve.

Sorry cat if I offended. Can we kiss and make-up now?( I'm not sure what to think of this emoticon)

Gumby

• cat1759
    cat1759

"It will, however, leave me with no choice but to see you as among those who "weep" and "gnash their teeth" when they are told the truth. And if that is your choice... remember it is YOUR choice, and thus, so be it."

I read through all the posts even the silly ones. You made the comment I posted among some other comments in your thread. First: leave me no choice but to see you as among those who weep and gnash their teeth. Not sure that others weep and gnash their teeth but that is how you see it. Second: when they are told the truth? What truth? The truth that was rightfully your vision? The truth that you believe is the truth? This is what I was pointing out. The hate you saw while you were walking up to the head of the table and how they grew ugly out of hate for you? This was what I was referring to, nothing else.

As far as beliefs go, I don't believe in the same things that you do. As of right now I still have a couple of books to get through before I even begin to take up some form of faith. In other words all the facts have not been laid on the table for me to pick up my staff and follow blindly to any persons conception of the truth.

As far as Gumby's words who cares? Never get upset at something someone says. That is where he is at in his life. I am not the at the same place as Gumby and neither are you. We walk through this life alone. We fall or rise on our own merits.

I did not mean to belittle your thread. If you took it that way I do apologize.

Cathy

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Aguest... you said ... "That is so ignorant that it makes me shake my head. It's like people who say, "The Catholics believe this and that," or "the Mormons believe this and that," or the JW's or Muslims, or whatever... and don't have a clue, because they've either read only one part of something or come in during the middle of something... and draw conclusions"

Now... the reason why I make light of this whole thing to begin with is this question...

What do YOU believe that someone, who may come to this board seeking serious help to get out of a cult like Jehovahs Witnesses... would think... when they read threads like this? What "conclusion" might be drawn? ......

I mean people come here with really concrete issues, and serious.... serious problems. They have doubts, and insecurities. They are, in most cases, looking for the "voice of reason" to help them, get past some of these things. To be reassured, in some way.

I just think there is a proper time and place for this type of thing.... and in that place... they have put away all the sharp objects !

• cat1759
    cat1759

Gumby,

I didn't take offense. Heck after the night I had I thought it was funny. At least it made me laugh.

I guess right now the only belief I really hold true is belief in myself. Pass a Texan Tea I need to relax.

Badolputtytat,

You are so right. Time and place for everything.

Cathy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit