To Those With Ears to Hear...

by AGuest 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

this is what happens when you mix alcohol and medication, this is too unreal, although gave some a good laugh, I'm not getting sucked in, if you are serious, see a doctor, see somebody !

• onacruse
    onacruse

SS, hmmmm.

I don't believe that there are supernatural beings who've invaded people's bodies and/or minds. I know that some people are afflicted by neuro-chemical imbalances that unnaturally pervert their perception of reality. I also know that we are all affected by superimposed condition-response mechanisms that, by socialization, have come to be "accepted" as normal, and others "cast out" as abnormal.

All this considered, how does my acknowledgement of AGuest's civility on this db present a threat to me (or others)? Do you know of others here who've been unduly swayed by her polite expressions, or who should fear her?

An honest question.

Craig

• Satanus
    Satanus
    how does my acknowledgement of AGuest's civility on this db present a threat to me (or others)?

Not a threat. Likely a few here have felt anger at other posters and had violent thoughts pass through their minds at times. How many times does this occur in traffic? But, they are just thoughts, and most people don't act on them, the thoughts pass.

Aguest, if as you say has voices that originate in her mind, then her god threats against people are an expresion of her own violent thoughts, but credited to another entity which, in your scenario, would be a part of her own psyche, but perhaps a splinter which she has isolated/dissasociated.

Bottom line, per your enterpretation, she speaks through two personalities: one civil, courteous, peaceable, the other voice - anger. If you merge these voices, what do you get?

SS

• onacruse
    onacruse

SS,

If you merge these voices, what do you get?

Wow, that's a good question! My best answer (not being a psychologist or anything), is that you get the usual cacophony of human experience: confusion--->conflict--->dichotomy---> resolution (if we're lucky).

rdw, it may very well seem that the experiences we're talking about are chemically induced, but, fwiw, trust me...it's not really always that simple.

Craig

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Sorry folks, but I damn wet myself reading this thread.

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

See... look what happened......

puttytat wishpers: "Just keep your back against the wall, wave and smile... and edge your way out of the room. Just pretend you dont notice. Yes we have seen this.... Yes we know.... Just be nice, and don't point.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ona

I guess it would take a knowledgable psychiatrist or the dalai lama to figure it out.

SS

• onacruse
    onacruse

SS, I've always learned something from your comments on this db. Rather than hijack this thread, if you'd perhaps like to pick this up elsewhere? I think I'm entering one of my occasional "exploratory" moods.

Craig

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

The funny and somewhat scary aspect of this post by Aguest is that I can see a Cathy Bates in Misery type woman typing at a keyboard .. and that scares the crap outta me. Oh Lordy Lord.

Aguest you need some cockadoodie medication to go with your dirty bird imagination.

monk3y

• teejay
    teejay

>>>>>> I guess it would take a knowledgable psychiatrist or the dalai lama to figure it out.

No it wouldn't. No it doesn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit