To Those With Ears to Hear...

by AGuest 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Gumby on his road to Supreme One,

Well hot damn Gum man...*****Why don't you see if you can find where that story came from? Did the pagans have a story just like that one.......only older? If they did......wouldn't it seem logical that the tent dwelling ,nomadic, gray bearded, bow legged, wine drinkin, womanizing, old bastards of the O.T. just copied the same bullshit? ****

Sound like a Supreme One already!

Danny

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby,

I didn't take offense. Heck after the night I had I thought it was funny. At least it made me laugh.

Did ya like the "old bow legged, wine guzzlin" part the best?

Gumby

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Dannybear,

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

You have a point there about becoming supreme one. It seems the longer one sticks around here and climbs the posting scale, the more you realise naked women talking to snakes and similar things .......well......... ah, .......might all just be bullsheisters

Thanks for noticing my supremness coming in the near future

Gumby

• shamus
    shamus

This is a scary thread.... I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

And I thought that I was messed up.....

Shamus

• shamus
    shamus

Just a post script.

I read the whole thing. Every last word of this thread. I am going to take an Anacin now.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    "What do YOU believe that someone, who may come to this board seeking serious help to get out of a cult like Jehovahs Witnesses... would think... when they read threads like this? What "conclusion" might be drawn?" ......

Why do you assume that such is the majority? How long have you been coming here? Not everyone coming here is seeking such a thing. Some... are still seeking... God. True, they were lied to by the WTBTS, but that doesn't negate their faith in God. Indeed, some have already gotten out of the bondage of that "beast"... but know who they are - sons of God. Are there any like them? Of course, there are. But where? They are still seeking God and just do not know "where" to go. And "religion" keeps failing them. Where do they go? No where! Why? Because one of the MAIN things if religion to teach (because it would completely disintegrate the purpose for THEIR existence)... is that there IS NO WHERE to go away to! As revealed by Peter, there is only a WHOM... the One who has sayings of everlasting life.

Oh, sure, the WTBTS has such "sayings", too, don't they? As does most of "religion". But their sayings... are false. Why? One, because with regard to the WTBTS, because although they say they ARE.... they are NOT the "truth", not even close. Second, can THEY give you such life? No? Then why not cut out the middle man? Do we not have a MEDIATOR? What, then, do we need religion FOR?

For those who left religion, but not God... I say to you that there IS One who IS the "Truth" (John 14:6) and whose sayings are truth (Proverbs 8:4-11) and if you would just condescend (please look up the word before you misapply it and get offended) to read what he is reported to have said, and taught and done, you would not only have NO problem with what I shared, you, too, would also seek it. Why? Because not only it is not new, but it is what God and Christ TOLD us to do - LISTEN TO THE SON. Truly. Read it. It's there.

Matthew 17:5

IF such ones... and those who DO wish to get out of the "cult" that is the WTBTS... would condescend to READ the Bible (they can start with the scriptures and verses I include), rather than simply go along with what they've been told it says by those who wish to lead them AWAY from God... or, even better, if they would DO what the Bible says to DO... which is do NOT put your trust in earthling man, but instead LISTEN to the One "who speaks from the heavens", hear HIS voice... so as to be led ONLY by that One... they wouldn't even have to worry about me. What I see and hear... they, too, would see and hear. Trust me, while I am the most vocal among us, I am not alone. Truly.

John 10:1-8, 27; Hebrews 12:25; Matthew 17:5

I, Shelby, am harmless. If you knew me, you would know that. I am not "Messiah". I am not "Moses". I am not anyone's "Leader" or mediator. I am simply a servant with a message from my Master, trying to do my job, which is to do HIS will... and tell folks the TRUTH... ABOUT THE TRUTH (John 14:6).

I belong to him because he... bought me... with HIS life... and set ME free. From religion, from slavery, from fear. Think about it; I have shared some very simple things with you all here... and what is the PRIMARY response? Fear. And then anger. And then animosity. But I have no such fear, no such anger, no such animosity. Why? Because I have been SET FREE from such things... by the One who SET me free. ANd it is EXHILIARATING! And so, obeying his voice and telling YOU about it is the only thing I can do to repay him. For me, there is nothing to FEAR in it... for God is love, and, therefore, so is His Son. And love... casts FEAR... outside.

John 8:32 - John 14:6 - John 8:36

I am no longer a slave to the fears and superstitions that many of you have displayed here that you are. So someone hears spirits. So some sees visions. So what? Why should I FEAR them? Why should YOU? If you are SO in "control", SO knowledgeable, SO "right"... what do you have to FEAR?

I fear not... because I am "free". Thus, when voices come, I am not afraid to listen. I welcome them... and pay attention. How else will I learn? I fear not... because I am free. So when visions appear, rather than turn away, I welcome them and pay close attention. Why? So as to learn. Because I have nothing to fear.

YOU... still exist in fear... and thus YOU... are still a slave... TO your fear. And the Adversary KNOWS it. It is his primary "weapon". It is what got you IN the WTBTS (fear of being among those who would die at Armageddon)... and what kept you there as long as it did (fear of being disfellowshipped, considered "apostated"... and being among those who would die at Armageddon). And yet, MOST don't even know what Armageddon IS... or when it will occur. It is NOT as the WTBTS has taught - yet, look how many are held by them, enslaved by them, based on that one false teaching.

I also wish all of you would consider this: helping folks out of a cult is one thing; annihilating their believe in God is another, because for many it is what they are. True, the "god" that has been painted for most of you is NOT one to worshipped - I don't and wouldn't worship him. But... you have been MISLED in your thinking for the TRUE God, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... is NOT as earthling man would have Him depicted.

(I find it interesting that many of you can cheer on the U.S. murder of Sadaam Hussein's sons... and 14 year-old-grandson, saying that they "deserved" it. Indeed, perhaps the sons did, and the grandson was a casualty. However, the fact that they planned it, stalked them, hunted them down and then killed them is, in truth, murder. Yet, when God reacted to the persecution of His people, whom He personally promised to protect, well, that's just... what, heinous, ain't it? I find the position hypocritical - vengance belongs to God, who has a RIGHT to take it, and then is maligned for doing so. It does NOT belong to earthling man, and yet, he is cheered when he does. Earthling man... go figure.)

Now, I can go sit down and say, "Hey, let 'em believe what they will," and many times I am tempted to do just that. But... I don't think I could live with myself if I did. Why? Because I KNOW them... my Father and my Lord: I have heard them, and I have seen them (no, not God's face , and I have never said that I have). And they are NOT as many think, have been misled to think in such a way.

And just like I would be openly... and if necessary, publicly... loyal to YOU, any one of you... were you my friend or family... and, even if you weren't but others were misrepresenting you and I KNEW it... I stand loyal with them. Which is no mean feat, truly, for not only is there very little faith in this world, there is even less loyalty - to God, Christ, one's family, one's neighbor, and as Satan challeged, even to oneself:

"Skin in behalf of skin and ALL a man has... he will give... in behalf of HIS soul."

Personally, I deem Satan a liar, at least with respect to me. What about YOU?

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ, to time indefinite,

SJ

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Shelby,

For those of us who aren't as lucky as you to hear the voice of Almighty God, how can we distinguish between what you tell us (which sounds like the rantings of a crazy person) and what JCanon tells us (which sounds just as crazy but is at least a little more imaginitive)?

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace.

With response to your very unkind perception of Larry (JCanon), I must say that Larry and I have had LONG "discussions", starting back a LONG time ago. And in most cases, he was able to see my point. In ALL cases, he was never rude or unkind. In my opinion, he is harmless. And neither of us are "new"... to this board... or to the subject of prophesy. Many of you may not realize but this board is the result of another... and many of us made a "home" here versus there due, in part, to its adherence to WTBTS propaganda, even though most there decried that organization - when they left, they took a LOT of baggage with them which manifested itself in meanness, hatred, judgmental and condemnatory opinions and positions... and a whole of lot rudeness and hypocrisy. Even those who no believe in God could see that much.

And so Larry and I are not unfamiliar with one another or the beliefs each of us have. We both choose, however, to respect the other. I think that he would agree that there is no "benefit" in debating our respective... understanding and directions... as they are quite different: my thing is understanding the reality of that which is spiritual, and gifts and works of such gifts as a result. His "thing" is, in my opinion, to "scrupulously observe dates and times and seasons," which PAUL said not to do... but my Lord did not specifically address. Who am I to judge, then? If that's what Larry wants/needs to do, if that's what floats HIS boat... well, then, to his own "master" he will stand... or fall. So be it.

I will say, however, that in all the time I have observed him, he has never been mean, never been cruel, never been hateful. Never. In spite of what some say to and about him, publicly, as if they are the named "gurus" of what is sane and what is insane, what is right and what is not "right".

And for that, I have the greatest of love for him and wish him peace. Whether I agree with him or not, if I knew him to be in need and had the "means" to help, nothing could stop me. Larry's mind... and perceptions... have nothing to do with his heart, which I believe, is like a child's. You perceive his mind as crazy. Okay. I perceive his heart... as "good" (to the extent it humanly can be). And that is the only "criteria" I need.

As for me and my... ummmm... psychology... I ask you... tell me, please, specifically, which of what I said "sounds like rantings," and why. And I will respond to you why they are not.

Again, I bid you peace.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

To Those With Ears to Hear... The Rest of You are Screwed...

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

My head hurts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit