Black Lives Matter—Do You Agree With Their Philosophy?

by minimus 246 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Here is the problem with the above statement. You need to look at the situation from their point of view and not just about "unsupported by evidence" Here is a quote from Wikipedia
    If your wife tells you that she is afraid to go out alone and gives you the talk about women being attacked and victimized. I hope you will not throw stats back at her by saying

Wrong. if my wife says that she is afraid to go out alone and the stats show that this has not happened, then I will sit her down and explain that despite what she thinks, the evidence shows that this is a safe area.

I will almost certainly not encourage her to go outside and protest for something that is likely in her head.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Do you really think that a cop would shoot a white man after being informed by that same white man that he is a licensed gun owner?

Did you see what happened inside that car? You actually think that he simply said he was a gun owner and the cop pulled out a gun and shoot him....smh.

No that's not as serious as being killed by police, but I guarantee you that if he had been a white female, or even a white male, he would have had no problems with communicating with that judge

What a ridiculous example of racism. Let's see... a pretty young girl getting preferential treatment. Gees what a shocker. I've been home and wondering what is crossing people's minds to feel that they to join this race bait protest. I understand now who is protesting.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    There is a way to solve it. Eliminate or drastically reduce your encounters with the police. How? Don’t break the law, don’t walk around in a hoodie looking suspicious in 80 degree weather is a start. This is not about race like the dumb fucking media is selling.

Finally, the truth. Perhaps to just add something...don't resist arrest. Why is it that every single one of these videos starts with someone who believes they get to decide if they go to jail or no. Stop being stupid. Be courteous, be respectful and 99.99 percent you get that back. If you get a cop that hates the world and is an asshole, just go along with it and use the legal system.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I think people should start recording cop encounters and show how they go very well when you are compliant and not an arrogant asshole. Oh wait, that wouldn’t be interesting for the media to share.

• rh3988
    rh3988

@redvip2000

Did you see what happened inside that car? You actually think that he simply said he was a gun owner and the cop pulled out a gun and shoot him....smh.

No I didn't see what happened inside the car before he was shot, but I heard it. And yes I actually think that he simply said he was a gun owner and the cop pulled out a gun and shot him, so you can s your h all you want. I wonder how you'd feel if this happened to a member of your family: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Y_yOm9IhA

I bet if Kennedy had been a black man, you'd find a way to justify his assassination.

What a ridiculous example of racism. Let's see... a pretty young girl getting preferential treatment. Gees what a shocker. I've been home and wondering what is crossing people's minds to feel that they to join this race bait protest. I understand now who is protesting.

That's your opinion, so I'm not really going to get into that. All I'm saying is that if the judge could talk to the white females personally, a member of the staff should have been willing to pass him an envelope from a black guy. Stay home and keep wondering, because obviously you don't understand a goddamn thing.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    There is a way to solve it. Eliminate or drastically reduce your encounters with the police. How? Don’t break the law

Could it be that non-white people have a higher chance to be approached by police, whether or not they are law-abiding?

Could it be that more frequent run ins with police isn't just a matter of being law-abiding, but also (partly) by reason of racial bias?

https://openpolicing.stanford.edu/findings/

Could it be that if upstanding citizen Johnny White is stopped for nothing once, he is slightly annoyed, while upstanding citizen Johnny Brown, who is stopped for nothing for the 10th time this year may be slightly more likely to let the officer know he's really pissed off, and antagonize the officer with his words?

And without regards to race: do people who commit minor crimes deserve to die for that? Why do police on the USA kill so many people when compared to other Western countries? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_by_country

Might it be possible there are some systemic issues beyond "well they shouldn't break the law if they don't want to be killed by police"?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

And in response to the OP:

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

What if a dog got badly injured by another dog. A man doesn't have his dog under control and couldn't care less that the other dog was badly injured.

Now, there is a vicious dog in a public area, whose owner is not controlling it. Say the other owner goes and reports it to the police but describes the other one as a 'gypsie'.

That would be a big no, no using the identity of 'gypsie'.

But the one reporting it is not using hate speach, any more than if she calls the person Spanish or Romanian. She is just trying to give information about identity in the only way she knows how.

Language used in relation to identity is sensitive.

Now, say someone writes a sign that says, 'Gypsies Lives Matter' because the man with the uncontrolled dog felt persecuted by the police. It would be undermining the authorities and acting in opposition to public safety.

Because gypsies lives mattered the woman reported the dog to the police. It was even to protect the children of those she called 'gypsies' and everyone in that area.

By not stirring up trouble and acting to protect others - would this this woman's story get into the press? Because she used the words 'gypsie' innocently would it mean that the police were now too scared to intervene in case it stirred up social unrest if the journalists got hold of the story?

How would you do the statistics to find out how many people suffered because they were not allowed to report things like this and therefore danger had persisted when it was not necessary. Where would the records be held, if it were even possible to keep such records?

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Racism will never end. The biggest improvement the police force could make is requiring all body cameras to be on the entire time. If police can shut them off at their discretion, they are worthless. It needs to be like an airplane black box, it’s always recording.

• TD
    TD
    You actually think that he simply said he was a gun owner and the cop pulled out a gun and shoot him....smh.

No, but equally preposterous is the idea that Castile politely informed Yanez that he was in possession of a firearm before attempting to pull it out and shoot armed police officers.

I don't think this was racism, but it is another good example of an incompetent officer creating a situation where he felt he had no option but to shoot.

The brake lights were not the reason for the stop. Yanez pulled Castile over because he bore a resemblance to a suspect in an armed robbery.

This not the way its done. Attempting to identify an armed and dangerous criminal under the pretext of a routine traffic stop creates a situation where reaching for anything; be it a drivers license, insurance ID, or seat belt can be misinterpreted with tragic results. Even worse, it creates a situation where other innocent people can be injured and killed as well.

Yanez shot seven times into the vehicle hitting Castile five times. One bullet went into the back where a four-year-old was sitting and another bullet struck the arm rest between Castile and Reynolds, his girlfriend.

In addition to ending a man's life, this reckless and poorly thought out piece of jackassery cost the city nearly 4 million dollars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit