The book burning has started

by pale.emperor 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Don't know if this is a global thing but I've just been told by a PIMO member of my old congregation that a min servant has been given the task of destroying all old books/literature in the KH library prior to 1992.

Could be the elders (or even one of them) on a mission to stamp out dissent as my ex-wife used the same reasoning to her elder dad that I used in my JC: Rutherfords books containing failed predictions.

Anyone else heared anything?

The MS who's been given the task is a company man. No hope of him keeping them or selling them on eBay.

They have some Russell books in that library too. And an almost complete set of Rutherford ones.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Where’s my NAZI armband when I need it?

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

They really don't want any newbies to find out the real info. re: 1975 plus other failed prophecies and what was really going on in the early history days of the Borg. {I'm very suspicious==> the GB must be gearing things to make sure no one new knows anything extra in the Borg's past!}

PE, is this occurring only in that particular cong or is this happening in other congs in the area?

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Attempting to destroy footprints. To try and rewrite history is a mistake and will backfire.

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

Tomecide.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

PE, is this occurring only in that particular cong or is this happening in other congs in the area?

I dont know, that's why im asking. Usually wifibandit posts the elders letters and i've not seen an elders letter regarding this yet.

This year already there's been 3 (that i know of) in my circuit that's left after reading old publications.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

When some Hall's in our state consolidated, my cong's library was boxed and bagged and taken away, never seen again. Not sure if it was trashed. I did manage to swipe some Studies in the Scriptures including the one with the pyramid charts. Wish I got the Millions brochure, that's one of the most damning of all, as well as the book with the 1975 chart. I wonder when they'll 'simplify' our current library.

• Ding
    Ding

Not surprising.

As ex-elder Leonard Chretien says, "The Watchtower's worst enemy is its own literature."

At the rate they come up with "new light," I'm surprised they are keeping things as far back as 1992.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Cold your PiMo friend blag some of the really old or important ones? Eg. The Watchtower that said the end world come " in our 20th century which was changes to "really soon" or something like that in the bound editions and online.

Or some of Russell's works - maybe He could say it's a hobby of his to collect Watchtower paraphernalia, but not to use as study materials.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Actually, this directive from Mother HQ was sent out (in writing no less!) to the Congregations several years back if I'm not mistaken. A lot of the Elduh's didn't have the heart to toss the old stuff from the "Library", and just kind of brushed the orders aside. This isn't anything new.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit