The book burning has started

by pale.emperor 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• geevee
    geevee

Didn't they used to have people buying up the old books that listed on ebay? We bought one of the rutherford books and it cost a fortune!

I still have Macmillans book and Marty Cole book "borrowed from the library before we walked!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sister Blues' cong. Got rid of the K/Hall library, much to her disgust. They were dumped at the local rubbish tip.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ geevee

I think you mean:

"The New World Society," by Marley Cole

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Getting rid of old books is not new.
    This has happened before.

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

Every member has a copy of WT Library, with literature dating back to 1950.

You all sound ridiculous.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

But the thing is, some of the articles and wording has been edited on the WT Library. And why only back to 1950? Rutherfords books were, allegedly, written under Gods instruction. Why would JWs destroy these vital words from Jehovah to his creatures?

"Enlightenment proceeds from Jehovah... and is given to the faithful anointed.... the remnant are instructed by the angels of the Lord. The remnant do not hear audible sounds, because such is not necessary. Jehovah has provided his own good way to convey thoughts to the minds of his anointed ones." Preparation (1933) p.64

As were C.T. Russells books. They were, allegedly, written by Gods mouthpiece.

"No, the truths I present, as God's mouthpiece, were not revealed in visions or dreams, nor by God's audible voice, nor all at once, but gradually, especially since 1870, and particularly since 1880. Neither is this clear unfolding of truth due to any human ingenuity or acuteness of perception, but to the simple fact that God's due time has come; and if I did not speak, and no other agent could be found, the very stones would cry out. The following history is given not merely because I have been urged to give a review of God's leadings in the path of light, but specially because I believe it to be needful that the truth be modestly told, that misapprehensions and prejudicial misstatements may be disarmed, and that our readers may see how hitherto the Lord has helped and guided. Then I knew why the Lord had led me to it so slowly and cautiously. I needed a special preparation of heart for the full appreciation of all it contained, and I was all the more assured that it was not of my own wisdom; for if of my own why would it not have come at once?" Zion's Watch Tower 1906 Jul 15 pp.230, 234

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

Lol you missed my point. It’s easier to hide all pre-1992 literature by forcing people to come to the hall to research instead of giving them searchable media they can read at any time they want, in the privacy and comfort of their own home.

Thats my point.

Oh and additionally, most people baptized anytime in the last 60 years have a physical Librarry in their homes. Surely they would be instructed to burn/sell those of the goal was to “hide” something.

Delusion and lack of critical thinking is strong here.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Delusion and lack of critical thinking is strong here.

Do you believe in an overlapping generation Bobby?

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

lol an “overlapping” generation is fact.

If your parents generation began in 1960, anyone born during their lifetime is their contemporary (overlap). Anyone born after your last parent dies is not their contemporary (overlap). A contemporary can carry on that generation for 100 additional years before it totally dies out.

Easy.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Bobby2446

Sorry Bobby2446 - but in the german version we have only literature dating back to 1970. And not every member has a computer and the WT library CD. A lot of the JWs are older people with no computers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit