The book burning has started

by pale.emperor 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

lol an “overlapping” generation is fact.

Delusion and lack of critical thinking is strong here.

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

Read my edit.

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

Or I’ll repost it for you:

Bobby244614 minutes ago15 minutes ago15 minutes ago

If your parents generation began in 1960, anyone born during their lifetime is their contemporary (overlap), and part of their generation. Anyone born after your last parent dies is not their contemporary (overlap), and not a part of their generation. A contemporary can carry on that generation for 100 additional years before it totally dies out.

Easy.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Or I’ll repost it for you:

Bobby244614 minutes ago15 minutes ago15 minutes ago

If your parents generation began in 1960, anyone born during their lifetime is their contemporary (overlap). Anyone born after your last parent dies is not their contemporary (overlap). A contemporary can carry on that generation for 100 additional years before it totally dies out.

Easy.

And yet you never thought this until David Splane told you that's how it works.

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

As it applies to our beliefs, yes, but that doesn’t change the fact that generations overlap, or we’d have no human race.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    Delusion and lack of critical thinking is strong here

Bobby, with all respect, but that's not very kind of you. Are the 1968 and 1969 Awake articles (just to name a few) also available at the WT Library?

If not, why?

1975 anyone?

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

Bobby2446-

Contemporary and generation are defined differently I.e. they are not the same word and cannot be used interchangeably.

The scripture being used clearly reads 'generation', not 'contemporaries'.

Yes generations do overlap but the scripture does not mention anything about overlapping does it...

The nonsense being pedaled as inspired light with regards to this overlapping generations ignores the definition of these words as well as ignoring what the Bible actually says.

However we might as well be arguing over how many angels it takes to burn tight trousers because it's all bs, isn't it..

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

Lol when in doubt, argue semantics.

its funny because ex-jws have always argue that it’s “complicated” so it must be false.

now I’ve uncomplicated it and enter debating definitions of words and interpretations.

Of course, I saw this coming...

• Giordano
    Giordano

Bobby no one ever mentioned overlapping generations until they started to run out of time re generations and until some assistant to the GB pulled this notion out of their ass. Which is where all of the WT's ideas generate from. And now we have you a functionally brain dead JW still in who doesn't understand the site your on.

I see a big DFing coming your way.

On the other hand if your a Troll....... I'd say your giving trolls a bad name.

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

The word “overlapping” or “contempory” is a mere descriptior.

The Millenial generation will still be alive well after us older original millennials are dead.

Dont get hung up on words. Generations lasts because people outlive people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit