Is it Time to Declare that The Great Tribulation Has Started ?

by OnTheWayOut 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Finkelsteino

Thanks Berrygerry

One elder made a comment some time back "Why do JW's receive so much attention when we're only 1% of the earth's population?"

Wanted to jump in, it's 1/10 of 1 %.

But, the first part of his comment was actually more interestingly stupid.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Towards the end of the time when the overlap generation is near death, they simply say that the GT has started. That will give them an "indeterminable" amount of time. They can then sort it out when that generation all dies out. Then they can have new light and start the game all over again.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. had turned the Gospel of Jesus Christ into a tainted commercialized Gospel, full of false prophetic teachings based from 1914 and even before that year.

That's good bullshit derived from ancient fictional mythology.

Other religious charlatans have also capitalized on this return of Christ end times theological teachings.

It makes for good attractive information for published literature ,when you think about it.

Ironically the first leading men of the WTS. who said that the GT would come in their lifetime are all dead now.

No GT to date ummm ???

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The GT is the last card that can be played, I don't think they'll do it. They want to get the f*** outta NYC, and start over.

As long as they can scare the sheeple into believing anything they say, they won't need the GT, only the ever-present "SOON!!" They can spin the fall-out of their Pedo problems as "apostate driven lies", so there is no need to announce the GT.

So what if they loose a couple million sheep from affluent nations? They can close down every single Branch, Ass-Hall, and Kingdumb Hell on the planet, say that Jeehoober prefers monthy E-donations, NEVER print a goddamn thing again, and they'll be fine.

As much as I hate the lying bastards, they are going to be around for decades and decades. Only Jesus returning can destroy organized religions. All we can do is to educate any who will listen and get the hell out.

DD

• Lieu
    Lieu

I hope they don't do another false prophesy. I don't have time for a psychotic mother who has already wasted a good portion of her adulthood chasing the drunken dreams of deluded men.

"US-centric" deluded men.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

To answer the subject question....,

Are you kidding? What great tribulation? We're living large here in the States!

The past RC is nothing more than fear tactics to stop/slowdown the profuse bleed the WTBTS is experiencing due to people waking up to their bull shit.

DY

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

After watching the bunker videos (that was creepy) and thinking about what you said OTWO..
    They're setting it up totally to start the GT soon.
    Absolutely.

They're getting their brains twisted into complete compliance. Then they'll change the message to 'one of judgement' (because now they're Jonah and John) and then something is going to happen. This is getting more and more Davidian/Jones' like and it's freakin me out.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I do wonder if rather than declaring the Great Tribulation has began, Watchtower will declare they are in the pre-tribulation period (perhaps the Peace and Security cry) and to begin to make preparations. I could imagine this involving selling all Kingdom Halls and going back to a “book study” arrangement meeting in smaller groups in private homes.

• DJS
    DJS

@berrygerry: "One elder made a comment some time back "Why do JW's receive so much attention when we're only 1% of the earth's population?"

This phenomenon actually has been identified as such:

1. Baader-Meinhof is the phenomenon where one happens upon some obscure piece of information-- often an unfamiliar word or name-- and soon afterwards encounters the same subject again, often repeatedly.

2. Stanford linguistics professor Arnold Zwicky coined [the term "frequency illusion"] in 2006 to describe the syndrome in which a concept or thing you just found out about suddenly seems to crop up everywhere. It’s caused by two psychological processes.

The first, selective attention, kicks in when you’re struck by a new word, thing, or idea; after that, you unconsciously keep an eye out for it, and as a result find it surprisingly often. The same thing occurs after we buy a certain type of car; we immediately start seeing the same type of car everywhere. There aren't suddenly more of those cars; it's just that we notice it now.

The second process, confirmation bias, reassures you that each sighting is further proof of your impression that the thing has gained overnight omnipresence.

No one really gives a f**k about the dubs other than the dubs.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I do wonder if rather than declaring the Great Tribulation has began, Watchtower will declare they are in the pre-tribulation period (perhaps the Peace and Security cry) and to begin to make preparations. I could imagine this involving selling all Kingdom Halls and going back to a “book study” arrangement meeting in smaller groups in private homes.

Londo, the way I'm slowly beginning to understand this is that once they declare the Great Tribulation is here, they can pull the "oh hey look at that Jesus has given us all the authority" card and then it's
    a) the message will change, because they have the authority. Up until that time the message is always supposed to be preach about the King and his Kingdom But if they pull the 'now we have the real authority and such' card then they can change the message at whim.

b) to the bunkers

So it seems that at some point maybe in the relatively near future they're going to need something that shows the flock they have the right to make radical changes. And they'll need those changes in order to either go out with a bang or ... idk, amp it up? But to get those changes they need the followers in a mode of absolute, total compliance.
    Maybe I have totally misunderstood it, but that's how it's coming across to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit