I am so angry I am sick to my stomach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Ravyn 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I want to thank you all for your kind support publicly and privately. I am not likely to go to jail over this. My husband would probably be the one in jail coming to my defense....

after I went thru the old books on the bookshelf and threw out a few Bibles I feel better now.

I think I actually had an anxiety attack, which is not a big surprise considering the medication I am on right now(steroids and amphetamines).

but there is a reason why I do not have a gun in the house and I am not fool enough to second guess myself on this issue.

Ravyn

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I'm just curious...in some states I thought it was legal to threaten or even follow through on threatening when people didn't leave your property after being asked. I think in the state of TX it's perfectly legal. Am I wrong?

Anyways, Ravyn, I don't know much about your history, but I can't say I blame your reaction. I would LOSE IT if someone didn't get off my property like that! I don't have property since I live in an apartment, but God help the JW that doesn't leave if I ask them to!!!

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I dont really know, but I did not think it was illegal to threaten a trespasser after they have been told to leave. If I thot it was illegal I would have phrased it differently. But I do know that if you pay rent--it IS your property if you are there. I rent this house, but as long as my rent is paid and I am in possession it is MY property as per the terms of my lease(which means I am not free to do as I please like tear out walls or repaint without permission.)

I am in Virginia. It is still considered a Southern state and as far as i know in the South you can threaten trespassers legally and carry thru the threat if need be.

Ravyn

• Maverick
    Maverick

Sorry you got this ding-dong at your door. Maybe if you smiled and told her how cute she was and how attracted to her you were and asked her if she would like to come in and..er..sit in your lap for a while? She may have tripped over herself tying to get away from you. My daughter told me that the word is out to all the duds in my area that no dud should step on the property of the Great Apostate...me! Do you want to borrow my sign?Maverick

• Gerard
    Gerard

Just close the door. If she persists, call the cops. But please, NO GUNS! Don't even joke with that!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((Ravyn))))

From everything I've read of your life, no one is MORE entitled to their anger and their hatred. You have been damaged by the WTBS, and someday you will find peace and serenity.

Until that happens - please do as some have suggested and get a NO JW'S sign right on your front door. In fact put up a little sign (so they have to get real close to read it that says:

"If you are a Jehovahs' Witness, you have harmed yourself by coming here. I have allowed Satan to put a curse on this property that will allow a demon to accompany you home in your bookbag"

That should hold them at bay (and think how hysterical they will be for a while after ) Not nice am I .....but it sure beats buying a gun sweetie - they aren't worth it!

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Aww Rayvn... Hate that you were so upset... seems like you have calmed a bit. But you are right about Va. ... Post the property and come out shooting. Just pull a "Granny Clampitt" on the bitch and load a shot-gun with rock-salt. If you get arrested, you can just say "I heard voices... and they said she was coming for me"

If that doesn't work... next time she comes to the door, just start chanting. Dance a little circle around her and throw some chicken guts on her, and then tell her she is doomed, and if she knocks on another door "they" will come for her. (you know how they are scared of all the hee-bee jee-bee stuff)

ok... seriously

Hope you feel better, and dont get yourself in any trouble (seriously) the orange jumpsuit wont look good in a 38-D, and you won't do anyone any good if you are locked up. Besides you might end up sharing a cell with some big ol broad named Helga, who might decide you are kinda cute.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I am in Virginia. It is still considered a Southern state and as far as i know in the South you can threaten trespassers legally and carry thru the threat if need be.

lol, I'm pretty sure that even here in the south, you can't shoot someone for being slow to get off your porch.

I'm seeing this from another perspective.... although my mother likely would not persist as this woman did, she is very sincere, much like this woman is no doubt sincere. I'm not sure what I'd do if someone frightened my mom with threat of violence, but I'll say this, it's my mom whose actions would be limited by her belief in god, not me.

I think the idea of writing about your JW knowledge is a good one all around. I think you got nothing out of this exchange, and while you likely indeed frightened her, she got validation out of it. Hey, no biggie, no one can be in total control all the time. ((((Ravyn))))

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

While I can appreciate your anger, your behaviour was criminal even in the Stae of Virginia.

Under your statutes, "Assault by threat" or "uttering" are criminal offenses.

The JW's are not worth it. As a renter you can charge them with trespassing. If this should happen again (to anyone) ask them to leave. If they refuse to leave they have committed a trespass. Call the Police and insist on filing a complaint or depending on the citizen's arrest laws of your State/Province technically you can place them under arrest holding them until the Police arrive.

Make sure you know the process to arrest someone inside out or else the arrest will be thrown out.

Threatening violence or worse threating to kill someone is pretty much guaranteed to be an illegal act in any civilized society. As it should be.

Uzzah

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Ravyn, how did you get blessed with such a bitchy JW visiting your door? She must have been old school... most JWs now will leave if confronted. I can't believe what you had to do to get her off your doorstep!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit