LEAKED: WHQ Accounts: 2016-2020 Budget

by Fay Dehr 138 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Nothing new if we compare it to last year or the previous recent years, but it certainly is the opposite trend of decades ago (say the 90,s or even early 2,000's).

No argument from me on that. Ive said over and over the hay day is done and they HAVE to cut back. Also, just for perspective, 1990 was almost 30 years ago. 2000 was 18 years ago. Its not recent anymore, even if they want to behave as if it is from a finical pov..

Nothing new? Sorry, the big news is that this info is coming out. I don’t care if it’s 2 years old, just the fact that we are seeing it is momentous.

No, im the one whos sorry. Sorry to have to remind you that the first big leak came in 1983 when a fomer member of the governing body wrote a tell all book. That was 35 years ago. Clearly leaks are nothing new, even if the format (videos instead of books) is different.

Look, be excited if this makes you excited. Run around naked in the street, buy drinks at the local bar for everyone, set off fireworks from the roof of your house while toasting hotdogs over a bonfire made with money from the sale of your kidneys.. whatever makes you happy... but none of this new. Check slims posting history and you will see years of threads with this EXACT same information.

Its noteworthy that we have it. Its worth dissecting and seeing what can be gotten from it. Its interesting and noteworthy from the perspective of seeing their internal sales pitch. None if its new.

God dammit , _Morpheus......STOP trying to be a voice of reason and moderation!

Lol sorry sparky, its the cross i must bear.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Morpho, I appreciate it when you bash the org over the head. I’ll laugh all day watching.

But you are not a nice person. You place your opinion above everyone else, and you spend more time bashing others here than you spend doing anything to help the cause.

Your argument about Ray being the big teller and the rest is shite is BS.

I am sure I appreciate Ray as much as the next fella here, and I’ll bet more than you, having a shoe box full of paper correspondence with him over the years and other such.

And BTW, you contradict yourself.

Why don’t you find something to add of value...

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding
    Its noteworthy that we have it. Its worth dissecting and seeing what can be gotten from it. Its interesting and noteworthy from the perspective of seeing their internal sales pitch. None if its new.

Uggh...

There is lots new. New that the borg needs a budget. No longer can the dynamic8 just dictate and Jehoob will make the money flow to back them up. Now they need a budget to reign in spending.

The Borg chariot needed to “get back on track”... this is an admission that it was off track. Imagine...

There’s tons of revelations in here. Too bad some people can’t discern it.

• never a jw
    never a jw

How the hell do they burn so much money so fast? As was said before, money flows only one way in this organization . Other non-profits return the money to the members and the community in the form of services, such assistance to the poor with food, housing, employment, summer camps for kids, help to victims of domestic violence, drug addiction and alcoholism problems. And those non-profits actually pay salaries. The Watchtower appeared to spend most of it on printed publications. Now that's practically gone. Most of the labor is provided by volunteers. They even hardly pay the people that go out to give speeches or oversee congregations. The congregations themselves take care of that expense. It's a money scam, it has to be.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I would say that perhaps the word "collapse" goes too far.

But clearly, decline.

The organization has seen its heyday and is on its way down. Things can never go back to the way things were back in the 1980’s. The internet has virtually halted outside recruiting. The demographics are shifting toward segments who cannot donate as much. And the JW population is aging even as young people continue to flee. Today’s middle age JW will be elderly.

In a generation, I can see this organization being a shadow of what it was, a footnote. Whatever remains will be like the present day Bible Students, Christian Scientist, the Christadelphians, or some of the smaller Advent denominations.

Of course, a smaller group could well be more extreme and dangerous as it would be less visible and have less outside scrutiny.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

As a side note, wasn't Jesus the one who supposedly appointed the f & d slave? Interestingly, in all of the videos, he was only mentioned twice I believe. The gb is mentioned even more than their god.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    .....you are not a nice person. You place your opinion above everyone else, and you spend more time bashing others here than you spend doing anything to help the cause.

hold on one second, checking my vast posting history..... nope. Dont see it. No mentions anywhere of me claiming to be a “nice person”. If you met me in person i have my moments, but i never claim to be “nice” generally speaking.

As for helping the cause... oh far more than you appear to give me credit for. In the context of our discussion here, my pointing out the often foolish and exaggerated claims of the rapid and foaming at the mouth posters who misrepsent facts in an attempt to make the org the boogie man for everything is a huge service. Its too easy for questioning jw’s to get scared away by nonsensical and stupid claims, things like the gb are planning on the assignations of partakers (yes that was said recently).

Calling out that sort of crap is a huge service, whether you appreciate or not. There is so much wrong with the cult that we simply need not make anything up, and especially not outlandish bullshit. If pointing out that the gb coordinating assignations is idiotic qualifies as “bashing” then im guilty as charged. Its idiotic.

Your argument about Ray being the big teller and the rest is shite is BS.

uhmmm... again let me reread..... nope dont see that. I said leaks are nothing new. I never said the rest was worthless. Far from it. Every letter to the BOE, the ks txt book, etc etc has great value and if not for those leaks we wouldnt have anything since ray.

You seemed to think leaks were new, as if a two year old internal pep rally video was monumental and unprecedented in its release. It has value. That a leak was sprung isnt new or noteworthy, per say. See my remarks regarding ray franz 35 years ago. Read what i actually said, not what you wanted me to have said.

I am sure I appreciate Ray as much as the next fella here, and I’ll bet more than you, having a shoe box full of paper correspondence with him over the years and other such.

i bet you do. Never knew him, never meet him, never corresponded with him. Hes not a big hero of mine.

Why don’t you find something to add of value...

helping you see some degree of rationality is valuable, even if you dont think so.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Lastman: There is lots new

But..but...did they release the master ledger of the org's entire financial records?

Do we have that available to us? Do we have a way of checking the validity of their claims?

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

I believe this type of leak is big. I don't think there's been a leak of their financial situation to this extent before. Even though the videos are from 2016, we are in year three of that budget and things don't seem to be looking better for the cult.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Any JWs who wander onto this site and stumble on these videos are likely to end up contributing less to WT as a result, not more.

They need to be careful how they handle the messaging around their financial crisis. Because if they come out and say: “we are in a desperate situation because brothers are contributing less”, all their audience is likely to hear is “most JWs are contributing less”, and contribute less themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit