LEAKED: WHQ Accounts: 2016-2020 Budget

by Fay Dehr 138 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    lastmanstanding
    Financial Review:
    Watch Tower and Tract Society of Canada is a Major 100 charity with $79.7m in donations in F2015. Its administrative costs are 3% of revenues, and the charity does not report any fundraising costs. For every dollar donated, 97 cents go towards the charities programs, falling outside of Ci’s reasonable range. Before its $27m in bank loans, the charity has $19.8m in gross funding reserves

Current (and year-over-year) Canada financials are here:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4812472855822336/canada-branch-financials-posted-bleeding-appears-very-real

• LV101
    LV101

ooops -- their moolah.

This is a great leak -- too bad we don't have more.

• LV101
    LV101

Doubting Brother -- wish they could skip "shrinking" and fast forward to 'sinking'!

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Berry Gerry

Nice link. They are so screwed.

I want to call Ken Little and Ask how he feels. LOL

I got his number.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Lett stasted that contributions increased by 15% during June and July 2015 following his appeal in May 2015. This internal video says that an extra $30 million was donated as a result of the appeal. This would suggest that WT usually collects something in the region of $100 million per month in donations, or $1.2 billion per year. That would mean JWs only contribute $150 each on average per year. Which seems very little, but plausible considering many JWs live in poor countries.

For comparison Seventh Day Adventist collect $3.2 billion per year in donations, which works out at $160 per member. However it’s worth noting that Seventh Day Adeventist membership is much more skewed toward poor African countries than JWs. Adventists are largely absent from most of Europe, for example. So for them to contribute more per member than JWs is actually quite telling, and no doubt a result of their belief in tithing.

• LV101
    LV101

Good comparison re/JWs vs. SDAs. I'm not surprised! Seventh Day Adventists have a lot more to offer and to contribute to their adventist movement in comparison to pathetic JWs! They're basically a main stream, acceptable, religion, today. They have one of the leading hospitals in the country and who knows how many normal operating healthcare facilities. They've renown professionals among their ranks -- surgeons, physicians, dentists, lawyers, educators and so forth. They're one of the 'Blue Zones' for health and longevity in the world - Loma Linda, California. Actually they hold the No. 1 spot in the world for healthy/longevity. They encourage higher education and healthy eating, living, principles. I'm advised they have members in good standing that eat meat even though it's discouraged. One of their scholars was ex-communicated yrs. ago but reinstated without a change in belief/views. Also, the general public doesn't consider them a bunch of loons like JWs. I realize a large proportion of the populace knows little about the JWs -- it's what the ones that are knowledgeable know and reveal.

Watchtower has a horrific history - bad track record!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Lett said donations increased by 15% for the months of June and July 2015 before returning to normal. This leak says there was an $30 million received. That would indicate that JWs collect something in the region of $100 million in donations per month, or $1.2 billion per year. That would mean each JW contributes around $150 per year on average. That may seem very low, but many JWs live in poor countries. So it might be about right.

For comparison the Seventh Day Adventist Church received $3.2 billion in donations in 2016. That works out at $160 per member - slightly more than JWs. Which is impressive when you consider that many Adventists live in Africa and other poor regions, while they are virtually absent from most of Europe. No doubt their belief in tithing and pro-education stance explains higher donations.

Edit: I didn’t think this message made it, hence the duplication. Or repetition for emphasis, TMS terminology.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Hey slim..... just curious.... you have now officially admitted that the wt corp brings in 1.2 BILLION dollars a year.

1.2 billion.

Can you please reconcile that with immenent finical collapse? Can you please reconcile that with “books are gone they have no revenue anymore”?

I will wait for your inevitable tap dance.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They are spending more than $1.2 billion a year and have done for many years. Their deficit has finally caught up with them.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

No no slim.... you have said over and over that they made their living from selling books and with books gone they were going broke.

YOUR calculations out them at 1.2 BILLION a year and yet you think they are going broke and have no way to survive.

Please reconcile those positions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit