LEAKED: WHQ Accounts: 2016-2020 Budget

by Fay Dehr 138 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

😂😂😂 oh slim.... there are none so blind as those who will not see.

we will be having this same discussion next year. And the next year. And the next year...

and the next year.....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I like that you’re now calling it an “eminent” collpase by the way, because it will be very auspicious indeed.

I say we call the WT collapse imminent, eminent and immanent: near, grand, and all encompassing!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Dont mistake my soft mockery for anything other what it is ;)

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

If Scientology is still going and hasn’t been brought down yet, it’s naive, ignorant and intellectually dense to think that Watchtower’s downfall is imminent.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Scientology has rich members and are experts at extracting their money.

Watchtower has poor members and are hopeless at extracting their money.

For example, in response to an unprecedented appeal for money by Stephen Lett in 2015, where he said WT had an urgent need for extra funds, JWs on average responded by contributing less than $4 extra each. That’s probably less than most people carry in loose change. (Those who still carry change. I do.)

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    • I say we call the WT collapse imminent, eminent and immanent: near, grand, and all encompassing!

Nice! I did not know there were 3 kinds of imminents with various spellings and different meanings. This place gives you a better education than reading 4 years of the Awake!

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Scientology has rich members and are experts at extracting their money.

For example, in response to an unprecedented appeal for money by Stephen Lett in 2015, where he said WT had an urgent need for extra funds, JWs on average responded by contributing less than $4 extra each. That’s probably less than most people carry in loose change. (Those who still carry change. I do.)

None of what you said doesn't mean that Watchtower won't continue to exist, even if they run out of money. They might shrink in numbers, have to sell off properties and downsize, but that doesn't mean they're going to "collapse" into oblivion.

And keep in mind, Scientology doesn't have nearly the amount of followers Watchtower does. They're estimated to have some 50,000 members. Let's say all 50,000 of those Scientologists are what you are referring to as "rich members." Watchtower would only need 0.625% of their 8,000,000 members to match Scientologists.

• LV101
    LV101

There's quite a dichotomy between Scientologists and JWs - WOW! I'm afraid too many JWs will give too much to keep the delusion running chasing/paying for the Scientologist's dream life. It's a numbers game but, hopefully, the affluent JWs are being cautious at this point. The affluent JWs I knew (about 3!) were quite generous and sent their contributions straight to Crooklyn.

• LV101
    LV101

I don't give a care if the cult continues to exist and are broke - good news, indeed! These topics are beautiful reading about hall closures, budgets/begging, etc. It concerns me that the poor, down-trodden, who can't help themselves due to the miserable cult's brainwashing, will continue to be drained supporting a skeleton WT religion. They can't wake up and it's pathetic. What people will give and do for their monetary, perfect health fantasies and perfect world!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

The watchtower have said they are going to sell 3,000 propertys off,if im right that is like selling one property a day off for the next nine years.As well as the 20 branch headquaters that in 2012 they sold off

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit