LEAKED: WHQ Accounts: 2016-2020 Budget

by Fay Dehr 138 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Are you serious
    Are you serious
    Very unlikely that the average price is anywhere near $500,000

Since we have no idea what the average price is, I was probably on the high end of the price range. This would make it even more dire for the cult.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

If a worldwide group is having to think of selling propertys that are worth between $50,000 and $100,000 each they must be in real trouble

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Must be a recession in Heaven.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jehovah's holy spirit at work.

" The Truth " is this false prophet is declining .

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Jehovah is speeding up the work!!! Watch out for that chariot!!!!! It can move in any direction, including backward, spins, etc. The FDS is sooooo discreet. You can tell they're being directed by holy spirit by the sexual abuse cover ups and financial issues. I might go back.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Side observation: Wasn't there a specific effort about 15 years ago (?) to separate the Governing Body's authority and the "business" side of things-- thereby protecting the GB from the $$$ and vice versa? It stood out to me that Alex (the host) made several references in his intro to the GB clearly leading the Organization's financial and budget process.

It seems that if the WT ever made a future claim in court that the GB is simply an ecclesiastical authority with no authority over the legal corporations' finances and decision making processes, this video would clearly discredit that claim.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    • Why is a corporate business financial meeting that is intended for 'live' webcast to branch and finance committees in various branches all across the world, structured, scripted and recorded as a common Service Meeting or Circuit Assembly video presentation?
    • Why is it necessary to provide justification and an explanation of the purpose of a budget and how budgets are intended to work when the webcast's target audience are person's that are supposedly trained and qualified to manage and operate the branch facilities and individual departments they have been assigned to oversee?
    • How is it that budgeting and financial reporting processes utilized by WT, are claimed to be the result of the GB's wise guidance as directed by scripture when these same processes are standard financial planning and accounting methods utilized in 'worldly' business operations in many parts of the world?
    • For this video to be a 'leak' implies WT data security is less than adequate yet, there have been no breaches in security to release even a portion of paedophile records WT continues to retain.

Things that make me say ... "Hmmm"

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Good points Incognito, thats exactly what stood out to me. We see the same infantilising here as we see at the average congregation meeting and on the broadcasts. Having to "explain" in painful detail the basics of what a budget is and why its necessary as if they were speaking to children instead of finance departments of national organisations seems absurd in the highest degree! Obviously budgeting on that scale requires more skill than a simple household budget does, and they should be providing the training to each branch on how to manage complex budgets, not just speak to them like babies and tell them what a budget is.... no wonder they're in a financial mess.

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

My conversations with PIMI publishers suggests that many are thinking and reasoning along these lines:

• Virtually no printing costs, compared to <10 years ago
    • Consolidated branches facilities
    • Smaller conventions
    • Digital content
    • Merged congregations
    • Increased "head tax" for assemblies and regional conventions
    • Increased revenue from online donations
    • KH renovation costs below $50000 still paid by local congregation ( not branch), whilst every congregation pays rent forever

Therefore, the average publisher reasons that costs must be MUCH lower. On the way home from the last assembly I attended, a PIMI sister in the back seat asked "Why is the cost of the assembly so much higher now? Why do they need so much money?"

The average publisher would be puzzled if they watched these videos. They would wonder where is the money going, now that we don't print?

• Della Street
    Della Street

I watched video 1 and 4 - do they mention anywhere having a line item for legal costs and/or settlements??

Where is the money going ? Is a good question. Although I'm assuming a lot of it is going for sex abuse cases, that doesn't fully explain all of it. As it stands now, with all the cuts in production, staffing and other items people are right to assume that the needs are not as much now as in the past. They look bad begging all the time.

They would probably do better if they just came clean said we screwed up how we handled sex abuse and we've had to settle X amount of cases for X amount of dollars - like all the other churches do. People could get their mind around that and would probably pony up the bucks to fix it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit