LEAKED: WHQ Accounts: 2016-2020 Budget

by Fay Dehr 138 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think the WT is careful not to imply their members are not giving generously. I feel very strongly that contributions have dropped way down and they have nose dived. Especially since they started their pledge drive things must have been going down and when they robbed the congregation's on hand bank account back in 2014 or 15 things must have gotten really bad, and they had to halt all building project and basically abandon them.

So if they have 1.2 billion yearly spending they are going to be drastically cutting overhead cost big time to keep from going under.

With all these public lawsuits involving the Watchtower contributions are going to plummet, nobody will want to give them any money when they see and hear about all the Kingdom Halls going up for sale to pay Child Molestation lawsuits.

I think we will hear about whole congregations fighting the WT to keep it from going for sale. I'm sure the last money grab ruffled the feathers of quite a few elders, they may have serveral Bohnam Tx type situation brewing.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They must have expenses that exceed $1.2 billion a year, or whatever it is they have coming in. The $1.2 billion figure is only a very rough estimate, for the reasons I gave on another thread. But if anything, my guess would be it’s on the conservative side.

How much do they spend each year? We only know that they spend nearly quarter of a billion dollars annually on special pioneers, mirrionaries and circuit overseers. That’s the only figure they give. We don’t know how much other costs total, including bethelite allowances, healthcare and so on, print, online media production, legal fees, building maintenance and repairs, vehicles, travel, and whatever else. It could easily amount to much more than $1.2 billion annually.

I totally agree there are many small indications in their comments in recent years that donations have not met expectations. Lett seemed disappointed that more money was not generated from his appeal. Morris all but implied that cutbacks such as the yearbook were because brothers were not contributing enough. Another GB member (I forget) said any good household head cuts spending to meet the budget. And perhaps most tellingly of all, in one of the leaked videos a speaker made the comment that the cuts programme must continue “unless the level of contributions changes significantly going forward”, or something like that. Which tells us they are disappointed with the amount contributed and still hold out some sort of vague hope that it will magically improve.

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

My genuinely serious pondering is: When will a version of "tithing" be introduced for "appointed men"? Will it be reasoned that they and their families should be setting the lead? Will CO visit appointments of elders and servants take into consideration the brothers level and regularity of contributions, just as they consider his field service level and regularity? Could they cultivate an atmosphere of guilt/carrot+stick amongst elders/servants who feel obligated to up their online contributions in order to retain their tenure?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Who knows, they might. But I think it would be a mistake. Being an elder is often already a thankless job. Forcing them to pay money for the “privilege” would be a last straw for many. Plus it’s meant to be anonymous. How do they technically and ideologically adjust to demanding money?

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Why are they planning for years ahead when Armageddon is any day now? They cover and protect themselves by admitting to having a 5-year real estate forecast and a 5-year construction forecast. They also state that the treasurer’s office does a 5-year available cash forecast.

Meanwhile they tell their followers if they worry about saving money for their old age, or investing, or wanting a higher education, it demonstrates an obvious lack of faith in the ability or power of God to provide and sustain us. It also shows that we have lost our sense of urgency as to the nearness of the end.

This religion is truly rife with deceit, lies and harmful advice that have negatively affected innumerable kind and sincere individuals over many decades. This religion has to go!

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

"Stealth tithing": they already admit in these videos that "most of the contributions are electronic", so maybe they'll do a psyop pilot on a sample of around 1000 where they send an email along the following lines...

"We thank you for your ongoing card donation...(blaah blahh platitudes)...and for YOUR convenience we have AUTOMATICALLY increased your electronic recurring monthly payment by $xxx for the next 12 months. Small print: you are free to adjust your recurring contribution at any time."

If the results of this "initiative" test reveal that most allow the automatic increase, without objection, then this may embolden them to roll it out to the 8m members.

Do you think this type of "initiative" is being considered?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Do they really say most contributions are electronic now? I wonder if electronic contributions go through the congregation or straight to the branch, or even the headquarters. If someone donates on the website who lives in the UK, is that money sent straight to the United States and not counted in the UK?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Morph hold on one second, checking my vast posting history..... nope. Dont see it. No mentions anywhere of me claiming to be a “nice person”. If you met me in person i have my moments, but i never claim to be “nice” generally speaking.

My experience with the JWs leads me to think " niceness" is highly over-rated anyway kid...

Morph If pointing out that the gb coordinating assignations

Oh boy now they're starting their own dating agency ??!! they must be hard up!! (J/k)

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Running an Organization filled to the brim with VOLUNTEERS is expense?
    Nope.
    Filling an Organization with costly lawyers, fighting court battles, paying ongoing fines for failure to comply--THIS is costly.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Slim, in the usa everything from congregations to the branch is electronic.

I doubt seriously that many pubs donate via the web site as individuals. Id bet (pure speculation) that 90% (or more) donate through the local congregation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit