Whom Have You Seen In Concert....

by berylblue 104 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

My fav is Meat Loaf , whom i have seen 2x and got to meet and got pics with. He is super.

I have seen David Alen Coe, Tom T Hall only in concert.

I would have like to have seen the Stones the last time they rolled into Dallas, but the tickets were way too high.

I would love to see Bruce, Billy joel, Bob Segar, and a few others.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Led Zeppelin in l977 at Madison Square Garden.

That makes me very old.

Mrs. Shakita

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My very first concert was in 1976. I was 14 years old and called the local radio station and happened to win Cat Stevens tickets. So my friend and I went to the concert and saw a wonderful magic show before the concert and the trick that amazes me, when a guy chains himself into the trunk and they put a curtain over it and voila, they open the trunk and Cat Stevens pops out singing "Wild World." I was hooked!

• yxl1
    yxl1

Too many to mention, but the best Gig? It's gotta be Prince's 1988 Lovesexy Tour.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

For as young as I am, my first concert was KISS on their reunion tour. After them, I've seen Quiet Riot, Motley Crue, Honeymoon Suite (kicked ass!), Rik Emmett, Nazareth, April Wine, and the Headpins. I currently have tickets for Queen City Kids (next week) and I just heard this morning that Kim Mitchell's coming to town. I gotta get tickets!!!!

• Jourles
    Jourles

Oh man. I didn't realize how many concerts I went to until I started counting them in my head and remembering...

First concert: I believe it was the Beach Boys after a San Diego Padres game in SD.

Others: Metallica(few times), Suicidal Tendencies, Alice in Chains, Yanni, Rush(few times), Alman Brothers, Tom Petty, Duran Duran, Terence Trent D'Arby, Aerosmith(couple times), Collective Soul, Type O Negative, Violent Femmes, Candlebox, Weird Al(couple times), Moody Blues, AC/DC(couple times), Pretenders, Chicago, Doobie Brothers(couple times), Pearl Jam.

I know there are a few others too but I can't remember the names. You know how you go to most concerts and one or two little bands will open for the headliners. Those are the ones I can't remember. A few of the ones above were at the same concert. Back in the day, I used to win concert tix all the time from one particular radio station. I don't know if anyone else ever called in or I was just quick on the speed dial, but most of the time I had to wait my 30 day period before I could win something again. It was always concerts, CD's, or cash. I've never been able to get through to a human being where I live now.

Forgot to add the most important one! Saw Pink Floyd at Mile High Stadium right during the middle of a District Convention weekend. All of the elders warned the younger folks to not go since the DC was that weekend. Three from my hall went. I heard of countless others going too but didn't see anyone I knew.

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Wow! I really don't get out much!

The Wilkinsons ('00)

Mindy McCready ('01)

Tori Amos (winter of last year)

Tori Amos (spring of this year)

And...we're going to Ozzfest at Alpine Valley next month!

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

Love this thread! 1st Concert Summer 1987, Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia PA - we drank warm Piels Beer enroute to the Monsters of Rock Tour (Metallica, Scorpians, Van Hagar, and a ton of other ballad long hair men who thought they could play a good guitar).

After that - Hall & Oats then I got selective Luther Vandross, Sinbad & Living Color / Rolling Stones Steel Wheels / David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust / Janet Jackson / Rod Stewart / Billy Joel & Elton John (MOST EXCELLENT SHOW) / Pink Floyd (floor seats) / Bush / Santana / Boys to Men / Hord Fest ('95 in NM inc. Rusted Root, Blues Travelers) / 3rd Eye Blind / Jimmy Buffett ('00 VA) and finally a Benifit Concert in Madison Square Garden which included Cheryl Crow, James Taylor, Jimmy Buffett, John Cougar Melloncamp, Brian Wilson & the Beach Boys and Sting (sureal we're on the floor with a bunch of 50 somethings watching the waiters bring champaigne-NO SMOKING - and very few lighters went in the air - amazing talent amazing show).

Over Mothers Day Jewel was playing for free in Central Park - took the baby to her first show. Upcoming baby shows this summer include ABBA and Earth, Wind & Fire. Thinking of taking her to see Dave Matthews.

Did anyone see Detroit Rock City?

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

First gig was probably D*Influence with Raw Stylus.

Most recent was Queens of the Stone Age a few weeks ago.

I didn't go to many gigs whilst I was in. I lived too far away from most of them and most of the bands I wanted to see were on the 'no-no' list so I wouldn't have found anyone wanting to go.

Ah well. I'm making up for it now.

Ignored One

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

my first concert was gloria estefan... really boring .

i would love to see iron maiden in concert sometime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit