Whom Have You Seen In Concert....

by berylblue 104 Replies latest jw friends

• be wise
    be wise

Here are a few of the best - I remember!

Supergrass

Manic Street Preachers

Radiohead

Foo Fighters

Pearl Jam

Prodigy

Massive Attack

• berylblue
    berylblue

First for me was Bob Dylan.

As for the rest, I can't remember all of them, even though there aren't that many, but I do remember:

Paul McCartney

George Harrison

Van Morrison

and, of course, Al Stewart (about 12 times now)

• be wise
    be wise

berylblue,

Bob Dylan - that must have been a great gig!

I've heard he's not so egotistical than most on stage - but brilliant!

• Panda
    Panda

At the Filmore East OH YEAH it was The Who also I think Cream was there too. I know there were more but I just don't remember their names. ALSO: Led Zepplin (every november for several years at Madison Square Garden),

Ten Years After, Cat Stevens, Moody Blues(in NYC and many years later in SanAntonio) ,

Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Eagles, America w/ Jackson Browne, Blood Sweat and Tears,

The Mahavishnu Orchestra[ (First time I saw a double necked guitar)Portland Oregon] and they had this really great electric violinist by some French name.

Steve Miller Band (Houston)

Kirk Whalum (San Antonio), BB King (San Antonio), Anita Baker (Austin)

Patti LaBelle [San Antonio(my friends grndkids wouldn't go because they called her "the screamer")]

Luther Vandross (San Antonio), Chuck Berry [(Passaic, NJ)about 32 yrs ago!!!!!!!!]

My first ever concert was probably something classical at the NY Philharmonic Symphony before they built the Lincoln center (almost 50 yrs ago)

If opera counts... probably Traviata by Verdi was my first.

Hey thanks for this trip down memor...what was I sayin'?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Journey, Reo Speedwagon, Trimuph, Rod Stewart (6 times) AC/DC (7 times) Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Oak Ridge Boys, Reba, Garth Brooks, thats all I can't think of now.

Lisa

• minimus
    minimus

You know what was the worst thing??? I almost NEVER missed a meeting for a good concert! Except in the last 3 years.

• shera
    shera

I have seen,

Triumph (think thats how you spell it)

alice cooper (very odd man)

Rankin family

Nickle Back ...... excellent time that was!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

U2 twice last year. Great show.

Bob Dylan. Goddamn, what a great show.

Gin Blossoms. You have to like their music, but they're a great live band.

ash

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

REO Speedwagon was my first, when I was in High School.

I've been to lots of concerts: Lynyrd Skynyrd (reunion group), AC/DC, Foreigner, Rick Springfield , Robert Plant, Cheap Trick, Doobie Brothers, Joan Jett, .38 Special, Faith Hill, Journey, Styx, Eagles . . . etc . . .

• maxwell
    maxwell

I kinda skimmed through the posts, but did notice that someone else had seen Kirk Whalum. I saw him in Memphis, his hometown, or at least where his father's hometown. His father was a city councilman for some time.

Also,

David "Fathead" Newman

Ellis Marsalis Quartet (not sure if that was his main group, Ellis and a 3 young proteges).

Bobby Sanabria and Ascencion

Rufus Thomas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit