Whom Have You Seen In Concert....

by berylblue 104 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

...and what was your first concert ever?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I've only been to four in my lifetime.

1. Reba

2. James Taylor

3. The Judds

4. Alabama

• Brummie
    Brummie

I saw Luther Vandross first, then Freddie Jackson, then Adeva and an R&B group called Kruise. I also saw Chaka Khan sing 4 songs at a Birmingham night club, she was the worst ever.

• shamus
    shamus

Iron Maiden / Twisted Sister. No lie.

I have also seen:

The violent femmes, ethyl meat plow, nitzerebb, the smalls, the pixies, I could go on, but you would be bored.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We've been to see Neil Diamond several times, the Beach Boys, Kenny Rogers, The Righteous Brothers, Reba McIntyre, The Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama, and we saw Della Reese at a local lounge about 30 years ago. We were walking to our car after a movie in downtown Seattle, and saw this line going into the lounge, and found out she was there and it was "no cover, no minimum", so we got in line and went right in...............good seats too.

My first concert was when I was in the 8th grade. I went to see Fabian. I can't believe it.

Now Princess and her hubby get to go to concerts and go backstage to meet the star!!!!! But they have connections in town.

• minimus
    minimus

I've been to see hundreds of people and groups. Here's a few: Barry White, Barry Manilow, Earth, Wind & Fire, the O'Jays, Al Green, Teddy Pendergrass, Luther Vandross, Whitney Houston, Chaka Khan, Stephanie Mills, Ashford and Simpson (saw those 3 , 2 weeks ago), the Beach Boys, Cameo, Aretha Franklin, the 4 Tops, the Temptations, Kool and the Gang.......and the list goes on and on and on.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Stephanie Mills

She is one of my total vocal favs. Have all her stuff,

How does Barry Manilow get amongst Teddy Pendergrass & Luther???????

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

My first concert...Three Dog Night

Since then:

Rush, Stevie Ray Vaughn (lots of times), Styx, Sting, the Police, the Cars, ZZTop, Huey Lewis and the News, the Moody Blues, Eric Johnson, the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Bruce Springsteen (lots and lots), Omar and the Howlers, and I know there are more...but I'm forgetting them.

Arrowstar

• minimus
    minimus

I saw Manilow 25 years ago with soon to be wifey. It made me look like a romantic........Stephanie blew the house down. She was excellent. Many years ago I saw her sing duets with Teddy Pendergrass. WOW! What a show. Chaka Khan was good but she should have not been the headliner.....I've also seen Sting, Huey Lewis, and a few other "white' groups.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Stephanie blew the house down. She was excellent. Many years ago I saw her sing duets with Teddy Pendergrass. WOW! What a show. Chaka Khan was good but she should have not been the headliner

I have resigned from concerts but if Stephanie Mills toured England I'd be there at the drop of a hat (Better still if she toured with Anita Baker). I have the stuff she sang with TP. Very good.

When I saw Chakka she kept stopping to go and smoke a ciggarette and wipe the sweat of her brow, she only sang 2 songs fully, plus her hair covered her entire face. Vocally she is great on record but I wouldnt go and see her again.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit