Whom Have You Seen In Concert....

by berylblue 104 Replies latest jw friends

• fairy
    fairy

My first concert i went to was ABBA....i have also seen john english, kamahl, the 4 kinsman, ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK..i think thats it

• larc
    larc

My first concert was to see Boston. My ten year old son loved them and pushed hard for the experience. So, here is mom and dad and ourr son in the audience. Everyone else was half way between the age of my son and myself and they they were smoking grass. It was an interesting evening.

Earlier on, I saw Stevie Wonder at a free event when he was doing benefit work for Richard Nixon - can you believe that?

One of my most memorable experiences was seeing Bob Dylan in concert on the tour that led to his two tape set, Dylan and Budacon (sp?) I think that was the hight of his career.

Recently, I saw Tina Turner on her last tour at the age of 61. She was dynamite - so much energy, it was amazing.

About ten years ago, my wife and I saw Emi Lou Harris, almost by accident. We were touring through southern Indiana, and my wife noticed a sign on a local club that said that Emi would be there that night. So, she asked me to check it out. I was doubtful. I thought the place would be sold out. Well, lo and behold, there were some last minute cancellations. Not only that, we got two seats, front row, center in the second row. Great seats and a great performance.

• gumby
    gumby

George Strait, Don Williams, Vince Gill, Pam tillis, the Mavericks, Sammy kershaw, Arron Tippin

Styx, Foreigner, America, Ambrosia

Grass Roots, Everly Bros., Drifters, Diamonds, B.J. Thomas, Mitch Rider,,

And some I probably forgot

Gumby

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I've seen:

Echo and The Bunnymen
    De La Soul
    Mogwai
    Maria Doyle Kennedy
    Suede
    Fat Boy Slim
    REM
    Gemma Hayes
    Sparta
    The Thrills
    The Polyphonic Spree
    Flaming Lips
    Radiohead
    The Waterboys
    Kila
    Manic Street Preachers
    Moby

...and that was just one weekend. Guess who went to Glastonbury this year!

Also seen U2 a couple of times, Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Paul Simon, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Coldplay, Elvis Costello, Bon Jovi, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, New Order. That's probably about it. Oh, and I'm going to see David Bowie in November.

• gumby
    gumby

If anybody here has seen the "Eagles" I'd like to fall down and do an act of worship to you.

Gumby

• wildfire
    wildfire

well gumby i didn ot see the eagles together but i did see DON HENLEY IN CONCERT IN THE LATE 80S WHEN HE WAS ON A SOLO TOUR...... (but I do have their concert when hell freezes over tour on video ,,) lets see anyone remember TEARS FOR FEARS......( I JUST LOVED THE SONG EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD AND I REMEMBER WAVING AT CURT SMITH,,, MY LOVE AND HE WAVED BACK AT ME ....HAY EVERYONE AROUND ME SAID ,,,HE DID .. SO I AM STICKIN TO MY STORY ,,that was in 1991 in Tampa,,,FL ) also I saw LOU GRAMM AND THE BAND FOREIGNER IN FLORIDA....IT WAS AN OUTSIDE SHOW ,,, AND I WAS SOO CLOSE TO LOU,,,, IT WAS MAGICAL... AS HE BELTED OUT ...URGENT URGENT..EMERGENCY...AND JUKE BOX HERO... AH THOSE WERE THE DAYS ,,,WHEN CONCERTS WERE FUN AND NOT DANGEROUS...... I recently saw Pat Benatar,, and her hubby NICK Geraldi,,,he was great on guitar and she was HITTING US WITH HER BEST SHOTS .. (MUSICALLY SPEAKING ) AND keeping us humble with LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD... YA SISTA I CAN DEFINATELY RELATE.....!!!!! AND JUST BEFORE I CAME TO TEXAS I SAW MY ROCKING BAD BOYS.....DEF LEPPARD... OH MAN IT WAS AWESOME WE WERE SO CLOSE TO THE STAGE... ARMAGEDDON IT....YA POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME BOYS... ( well you getthe idea )

• blondie
    blondie
    If anybody here has seen the "Eagles" I'd like to fall down and do an act of worship to you.

Just saw them last year, gumby. They are great for some old guys!

Blondie

• gumby
    gumby

Blondie.....

"I worship thee"

I would love to see them. They along with Crosby,Stills, Nash, and Young, in my book.......have/had, the best vocal harmonies and musical talents of all times in their class.

BTW......check your PM ....pretty please

Gumby

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I've seen The Eagles and I wouldn't go see them again if it was free. Boring, boring, boring, boring.

No musical improvisation. Like another terrible concert, Elton John, they performed their songs just like the record.

• gumby
    gumby

MegaDude,

You had to have been hungover. I can't imagine them being bad. I'll never speak to you again

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit