Whom Have You Seen In Concert....

by berylblue 104 Replies latest jw friends

• nita6368
    nita6368

First concert: Jefferson Starship

38 Special, Survivor, Travis Tritt, Montgomery Gentry, Lori Morgan

Recently : Dale Earnhardt Tribute Concert, Daytona : Delbert McClinton, Alabama, Kenny Chesney, GooGoo Dolls, Sheryl Crow, Brooks & Dunn, Hootie & the Blowfish

• zugzfree
    zugzfree

First concert: No Doubt

Goo Goo Dolls

Bush

Pearl Jam

Tori Amos, Twice

• Valis
    Valis

My first concert was Lionel Ritchie an Phil Collins. I won the tickets in the 9th grade..I guess my parents thought both were suitable for my tender ears...*LOL*

Hmm...then Duran Duran at Six Flags..

Then The Cult at Bronco Bowl, which my parents didn't know about..

Lollapalooza #1 & #2

Then the list not in order..*LOL*....311, Nelly, Ween, They Might Be Giants, Santana, Depeche Mode, Information Society, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Willie Nelson, Metallica, Dokken, Whitesnake, The Scorpions, Nappy Roots, My Life W/The Thrill Kill Cult, Ministry, Butthole Surfers, Moby, Crash Worship, JayZ, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Reverend Horton Heat, The Grateful Dead, Everlast, Everclear, Radiohead, Cake, Sugar Ray, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Pink Floyd, PIL (Johnny Rotten's band), Cracker, R.E.M., INXS, Ozzy Ozbourne....and some I have no recollection of...eheh

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I've only been to a few concerts that were here in Macon at the Cherry Blossom Festival Street Party. Did I say street party? What a crock! Welcome to Macon! It's over by 11, and they make it so confusing to buy alcohol that the last one I went to I turned around and left.

But they do book some pretty good shows *sometimes*

38 Special.

Molly Hatchet. AWESOME show!

Joan Jett. I was right up to the stage. She was SO hot!

I took a girl on a date to see a Greg Allman & Friends concert a few years ago. We really didn't pay much attention to that show tho. But the folks sitting around us got a pretty good show of their own.

Mike.

p.s. Wednesday, when did you see David Allen Coe? Did he do any of the songs from his 2 underground albums? I've heard that once in a while he will. I've got both of them on CD, "Nothing Sacred" and "Underground". Nasty but funny! (well most of them)

• happyout
    happyout

Probably the best performers ( in my opinion) were:

Average White Band

Teena Marie

Tower of Power

Oldies, sure, but guaranteed to bring the house down every time.

Unfortunately, I seldom go to concerts, because I hate the crowds. I am developing some kind of phobia in regards to strangers touching me, and it makes it too difficult to deal.

Happyout

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Teena Marie

She's another one of my vocal favs. Portuguese. I'd go out on a limb for her.

Brummie

• Huxley
    Huxley

Best shows I've attended...Quasi, Sonic Youth, Fugazi, Sleater Kinney (free show at local record store!)

Morrissey, Wilco, Lambchop....

and best show so far Belle & Sebastian 9-11-01

Huxley

• jws
    jws

Santana, Van Halen (w/Hagar), David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar, Styx, Blondie, Stevie Ray Vaughn (the night he was killed, among other times), Meatloaf, Cowboy Mouth, Buddy Guy, Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon, Kansas, Heart, the Who, John Entwhistle (Who, but solo), Rolling Stones, AC/DC, ZZ Top, Neil Young, Crosby Stills & Nash, Tracy Chapman, Bo Diddley, Buckwheat Zydeco, Scorpions, April Wine, the Knack, Steve Winwood, Ringo Starr, Jimmy Page/Robert Plant, Robert Plant (solo), George Thorougood, Violent Femmes, Bodeans, Tina Turner, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Los Lobos, Jimmy Vaughn, Doyle Bramhall, Aerosmith, Guns & Roses, Rod Stewart, Barry Manilow, Green Day, James Brown, Ray Charles, David Bowie (with Peter Frampton on guitar), the Hooters, Shania Twain, Jim Belushi (singing), Temptations, Todd Rundgren, Joe Walsh, Sam Kinison (comedy & some music), Coasters, Beach Boys, Al Hirt, Moody Blues, Jimmy Buffett, Grateful Dead, Johnny Lang, Eric Clapton, Huey Lewis and the News, Peter Cetera, Fats Domino, Ted Nugent, Cheap Trick, Destiny's Child, Creedence Clearwater Revisited (without the Fogerty's), Tom Petty, INXS, Midnight Oil, Alanis Morissette, Clint Black, Otis Day and the Nights (band from Animal House), Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Three Dog Night, Radiators, Isaac Hayes, and lots more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Comedians have been Johhny Witherspoon, Gilbert Godfried, Sam Kinison, Rob Schneider, Gabe Kaplan, and others, but I think those are the most famous ones.

• blondie
    blondie

I am an eclectic type of person but I have missed some genres I'm sure.

Loving Spoonful

Rolling Stones

Chet Atkins

Boots Randolph

Tammy Wynette

Don Williams

Floyd Kramer

Chicago

Cheech and Chong

BJ Thomas

Lobo

Steely Dan

Eagles

Prince

Sheila E

Trisha Yearwood

Clink Black

The Judds

Wyonna

Barry Manilow

Carpenters

Kenny Rogers

Smothers Brothers

Kenny G

Claudio Arrau

Emanuel Ax

Billy Taylor

Julliard Quartet

Jimmy Dean

KT Oslin

Randy Travis

Genesis

Tony Bennett

Victor Borge

Canned Heat

Jimi Hendrix

Joan Baez

Yes

Rick Wakeman

Elton John

Ricky Martin

America

Neil Diamond

Peter, Paul and Mary

Moody Blues

Beach Boys

Bee Gees

Blood Sweat and Tears

Phil Collins

John Denver

Linda Ronstadt

Enya

and last but not least

Johnny Cash

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

So far we have a combined lifetime musical entertainment budget of well over 200K dollars in todays ticket prices.

Six~ bean counter for Los Lobos class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit