84 Lumber Commercial

by azor 236 Replies latest jw friends

• never a jw
    never a jw

So the anti-immigration people aren't manipulative?

Of course they are. When did I suggest that they are not?

Re-read my post. There's good rational arguments in favor and against, but few people care for them.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Simon mentioned "Disney VERSIONS of reality."

I thought it might be HELPFUL to remind ourselves of the REALITY of admission to, and length of visitation in DISNEYLAND:

Disneyland Tickets

These tickets are good for entrance to one park per day - either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure. The price of a 1 Day ticket varies depending on when you'll be visiting: Regular period, Value period or Peak period.

Ages 3-9

1 Day 1-Park Ticket - Value $89

1 Day 1-Park Ticket - Regular $99

Ages 10+

1 Day 1-Park Ticket - Value $95

1 Day 1-Park Ticket - Regular $105

• azor
    azor

Nathan yes I'm familiar with La Raza. They are a tiny group with very little influence. By the way there is no need for Mexican herbs as I hear the ones here are more potent. My family that came from Ireland before this was a country were keen on the laws of the land as well. Slave labor especially.

Simon I never advocated for open borders and neither does the ad. The wall is not the fix. In fact the infrastructure needed to build the wall will just give illegals an easier path into the country.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Azor pointed out, " In fact the infrastructure needed to build the wall will just give illegals an easier path into the country."

Then why would you not fully support it? Are you a bigot?

• azor
    azor

Nathan, Nathan, Nathan. Looks like I ruffled someone's feathers. Apparently you support the emotional appeal for a wall. That represents division, and separates us. There are better ways of dealing with the problem.

The wall is not the way though.

• waton
    waton

speaking spanish would be a plus for being hired by 84 lumber I suppose.

• Simon
    Simon
    if I thought there was a way to give my children a better life, or protect their lives by going somewhere else, I wouldn't worry too much about the legality of it

I don't blame anyone for wanting to give their family a better life. We spent a lot of time and money to emigrate. Would it have been fairer if we'd moved over illegally?

Ensuring a better future for your children takes effort, more than just climbing a wall or fording a river.

Yes, that sounds harsh, but just because people are trying to enter illegally doesn't make them noble or hard-working. They could just be lazy slobs looking to benefit from other people's hard work and enterprise.

What we should do is have a system to evaluate people ... we could call it an "immigration system"

Then why would you not fully support it? Are you a bigot?

Funny, arguing that the wall will make illegal entry easier but arguing against it because it's unfair to stop people coming in. Uh?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Spoletta said, " if I thought there was a way to give my children a better life, or protect their lives by going somewhere else, I wouldn't worry too much about the legality of it."

Would you feel as generous if a criminal was robbing YOU to "give his children a better life," or does that apply only when SOMEONE ELSE is being robbed?

You are morally bankrupt.

• azor
    azor

Nathan comparing a thief to an immigrant is morally bankrupt. You are lying if you say you would not do the same for your children. Apples and oranges.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Azor, YOU may be willing to break the law on the excuse that doing so provides a better life for your children, but don't presume that I would.

It is almost funny the way you avoid using the correct term: we're talking about "illegal aliens," not immigrants. The LEGAL processes for becoming a US Citizen remain in place. Wetbacks who cross the border under cover of darkness or other subterfuge are CRIMINALS, just as they would be if they were US citizens going south into Mexico without complying with Mexico's laws.

Your "apples and oranges" are wormy in fact and as an analogy.

Immigrants are people who follow the laws pertaining to immigration.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit